Author Topic: 2016 Election - Voting opens September 1st!  (Read 4061 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
2016 Election - Voting opens September 1st!
« on: August 26, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
The 2016 Election is about to begin.  As most of you know, we are using a combination of online voting and mail out ballots to provide everyone with a safe, secure, and completely anonymous voting experience.

Voting opens at 8AM EST September 1st and closes 9PM September 15th.  All mail in ballots must be postmarked before September 15th to be counted.

While our Board of Director's positions were all won by acclamation, as per our Constitution, there are several very important Constitutional changes that you will need to approve, as we move forward with the steps necessary to get the Ameraucana Breeders Club incorporated, and approved as a non-profit organization, as well as several items to insure a strong, and growing organization for all.

Most of you will receive an emailed ballot, on Sept 1st, with a link to the online voting site.  Please take a few minutes to click the link and vote. It is only 7 questions and it won't take but a few minutes to complete your vote, submit it, and you're all done!  Your vote is recorded under an anonymous voter id - no name, email, or other identifying information is attached to your vote. Election Buddy has assigned all the voter ids - even for the mail out ballots, so even the online administrators do not know who has what voter id. Your vote is completely secure and anonymous.

If you have opted out of the online voting, or do not have an email address on file in your member's profile, then you will be receiving a printed ballot in the next few days.  Again, this ballot only has a voter id on it, to validate it and to be sure there are no duplicate votes.  Please do not sign it, or put any other identifying characteristics on it.  There will be a stamped and addressed envelope with the printed ballot - just complete the votes, place it in the envelope and send it on its way to the Mail-In Election Commissioner, Jeffrey Vance.

Thank you all for your continued support of the Ameraucana Breeders Club!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election - Voting opens September 1st!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:33:08 AM »
Thank you Susan for getting all of this set up.   I am sure it will be a very smooth process convenient for all members.   Everyone Vote.  We all need the practice for November. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:58:22 AM »
  We all need the practice for November. 

Well Don, at least there is a choice to make in the ABC election! Not sure about November.
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »
Gordon,  I feel your pain.  I know we are not supposed to talk politics on the Forum.  I wish I had some sage advice.  The only thing that comes to mind is, This too shall pass.       Vote in 2020
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
Gordon,  I feel your pain.  I know we are not supposed to talk politics on the Forum.  I wish I had some sage advice.  The only thing that comes to mind is, This too shall pass.       Vote in 2020

I recently saw a meme on Facebook that had the caption on the top:

"This too shall pass."

then at the bottom, it stated: "It may hurt like a kidney stone, but it'll pass."

this whole election period seems like a very big kidney stone...
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »
Amen!!!!
Gordon Gilliam