Author Topic: Dairyland Classic  (Read 2995 times)

Mike Gilbert

Dairyland Classic
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
Attended my first show of the year today, a one day event at Richland Center, Wisconsin, called the Dairyland Classic.
It was the Wisconsin state meet of the Ameraucana Breeders Club.   We had a beautiful day for it, with sunshine and temps in the upper 70\'s.   I rode with Bob Walchak, my neighbor and fellow ABC member, since Bob has a nice pickup and I don\'t have one.  Phil Bartz judged the Ameraucanas.   There were only two exhibitors in the large fowl Am\'s, with John Bashaw taking the best out of only three birds with a brown-red cock.    Four exhibitors showed a total of 13 bantams, so we had a very light turnout.   Jerry DeSmidt was not there this year.    Teresa Brittnacher and Rande Buske showed bantams.    The other large fowl exhibitor was a non-member.    Best brown red, wheaten, and white bantams went to Bob Walchak, best blue, blue-wheaten and buff bantams went to myself.   No silvers, blacks, or black golds were shown today.    BB ameraucana bantam was a blue-wheaten  hen.   Reserve ameraucana bantam was a blue hen.    Rande Buske took top AOCCL with a Dark Cornish hen.  Total entries for the entire show were slightly under 800 birds.   It was an enjoyable day to travel,  to show, and to visit with old and new friends and a great way to relax.

Dairyland Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 03:15:18 AM »
Congradulations!! Sure wish I could have attended, truly interested in the LF, seems SOOOO  hard to find any pics of them, especially the wheatens, brown-red,and blue wheatens.
Is there any possibility of seeing more of these birds here? ...Not too concerned if they are SQ , just LOVE the colors!!!  

Dairyland Classic
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 06:54:41 AM »
Congrads Mike I also would like to see more pic`s

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Dairyland Classic
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 07:22:07 AM »
Hey Mike,
Glad you had a great time at the Dairyland classic. Jake and I had a beef show that we were at in our back yard in Seymour and could not attent the Richland show.

Mike Gilbert

Dairyland Classic
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 10:42:55 PM »
Forgot to mention one important fact.   Our ABC member Rande Buske\'s Dark Cornish hen not only took best AOCCL, she was champion bantam of the entire show!    Nice going, Rande!   Sorry you couldn\'t make it Jerry.   Two different families were looking for black Ameraucanas, one wanted large fowl, the other bantams.    I\'m sure they will be at Portage in September, so be sure to bring any you have for sale.  

Mike G.