Author Topic: Pics of LF  (Read 5033 times)

Blue Egg Acres

Pics of LF
« on: June 04, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »
Here is a pic of a Blue Wheaten cockerel.

Blue Egg Acres

Pics of LF
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »
. . .a Wheaten cockerel

Blue Egg Acres

Pics of LF
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
. . . and a Splash Wheaten cockerel, all large fowl.

Pics of LF
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 01:08:02 PM »
Nice pic`s Blue Egg Acres thanks for sharing them

John

Pics of LF
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »
FYI, there are some photos of the different varieties on the club\'s website.  There is a link to the ABC Home page on near the top and bottom of this Forum page.
Here is a direct link: http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Pics of LF
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 12:23:37 AM »
Thanks to Barbara, those are beautiful birds!  Seems the only pics of Ameraucanas you can find are those on the home page here! I was first attracted to the Ameraucana breed because of the colors & the type, and now thanks to two really awesome roos, I am hooked! You can find lots of pics of blues ,blacks & etc., but hardly any of the multi colored ones... SPLASH?? Now THAT\'s the first of those I\'ve seen!  B)
Sorry for going off-topic,  maybe someone can start a thread  for pics? I\'d love to see other members\' flocks.....

Pics of LF
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 02:11:32 AM »
Thanks, Mike, for separating this into it\'s own thread! I see it has gotten 94 views  just today, so people DO want to see the LF pics! Hopefully, many more members will add to it,  maybe it will help the breed to answer some of the \"Ameraucana or EE? \" questions that always pop up.If this breed is ever to become a truly well-established breed, seems to me that more education & publicity is needed , as well as more breeders that know what they are doing.  I am new to the poultry world, but I truly love Ameraucanas, and would love to see them become more popular,  but it seems alot of confusion surrounds the breed, especially w/ the hatcheries.
Well, here is my minimal contribution to the thread, my (late ) AWESOME roo from Michael at Bantam Hill, \"Tornado\"... as far as temperment, you could NOT ask for a better roo. Wonder if most Ameraucanas are as smart & sweet as this one, as well as the one I just got from Angela ( I believe she said he came from Barbara Campbells stock..? ) ? Or am I just predjudiced by love? LOL

Blue Egg Acres

Pics of LF
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 08:39:08 AM »
I have bred/kept wheatens/blue wheatens since \'99. Have also had blacks/blues and silvers. In my experience the WH/BWs are especially sweet tempered. Champ is now 3 years old and I\'m letting him have the run of the place this summer with the hens. I can walk up to him anywhere and pick him up - he will perch on my arm and crow up a storm!

Pics of LF
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:18:14 AM »
Your Champ sounds alot like my Cyclone. I no more than walk out the door and call his name ,and he comes running for treats! He is even great friends w/ the big Polish rooster, \"Fred\"! Couldn\'t ask for a sweeter, more gorgeous rooster. He is  almost a carbon copy of Tornado, but a bit more mellow, and w/ a smaller comb.  Hopefully will be able to find him a few more pullets sometime soon.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Pics of LF
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 01:55:34 AM »
I know this is not the greatest picture, but I wanted to show off my favorite roo.  This is Ford, and he was one of my \"electricity went off and had to sit in the car with the heat blaring for 2 1/2 hours to keep my embryos alive\" babies.

Ford is actually from a blue on blue mating.  Out of the seven that hatched, three were black, one splash and three blue.  I\'m really quite pleased with his coloring at this point.  I have been checking his hackles quite often for gold and have not found any yet.  I hope he stays that way.

My older blue roo escaped the hen house yesterday and beat him up, he lost some of his muff. (I hope it grows back by the time the fair starts or there goes my championship.... HA HA wishful thinking)

Jean
Jean

John

Pics of LF
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 09:50:34 AM »
checking his hackles quite often for gold

Sometimes it doesn\'t show until they are five or six months old or older.  That is why I \"try\" to only use black and blue cocks in the breeding pens, instead of cockerels.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Pics of LF
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »
Ford is around 7 months old now.  He was hatched late November/early December.  He is going to a new home after the fair in September.

I have a young man that has been showing chickens most of his life that really wants the bird!  He is going to help me go through my chickens when it is time to cull and show me what I am looking for and his payment will be Ford.

Jean
Jean

Pics of LF
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 08:54:31 PM »
Ford is Gorgeous!!  B)

Here is Cyclone, lone survivor of a dog attack (thus the broken tail) ...he is quite the character, was helping my hubby fix the car today, made me a nervous wreck, worrying that he\'d get hurt or poisoned!  :o But he always has to be where the action is!  (oops sorry about the sizes, Photobucket has gone insane! :stare: )

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Pics of LF
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 12:37:46 AM »
That is too funny!  I just got rid of a blue wheaten I hatched during the winter, that was always in everybody\'s business.  His name was Uno and that so reminds me of him.

Uno had to go because he attacked me all the time and just followed everyone else.  I also got tired of chicken poop on the front porch because he would sit there for hours waiting for me to come outside.

Jean
Jean

Pics of LF
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »
 :o  OMG an Attack Chicken??  If anyone makes ANY of the other chickens squack, he will come running, and  even
 if it\'s one of us, he will throw a fit until the chicken is released... he guards the entire flock like a guard dog; chickens,ducks,turkeys,guineas.... doesn\'t matter. They ALL \"belong\" to him.   ;)