Author Topic: Heart of Dixie Poultry Show, Anniston, AL  (Read 2416 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Heart of Dixie Poultry Show, Anniston, AL
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
My first show of the season went reasonably well.  Had some great friends to travel with and a great time.  I took 4 birds - 2 blue pullets and 2 black pullets.  There were no other Ameraucanas entered...c'mon Bama folks!  We gotta get those lovely Alabama and Georgia birds out there.

My black pullet took CH AOSB both shows and my blue pullet took Res. CH AOSB both shows - same birds, both times, so they were consistent.  I'll post pics later and will try to get the meet report done this week.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of Dixie Poultry Show, Anniston, AL
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
Great to hear you are back on the road again. Congratulations on your Champion and Reserve Champion AOSB. How did things fare at home with Hurricane Matthew while you were gone? I have been thinking of all my Ameraucana colleagues in the south east costal area. It is probably too early to start a thread on the subject as I suppose many may be in the clean up mode, not to mention the power outages. Don have you heard anything on members effected by Matthew? I figured you as SE Director may be the first to hear if not Susan.

Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of Dixie Poultry Show, Anniston, AL
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:59 PM »
Gordon,  I have not heard from anyone about damage or losses during the storm so far.  There are at least 2 million households without power because of the storm as of last night.  And I know that the news is still showing areas nearer to the coast with flooded steets and damage to water edges.  We were on the very edge and just recieved about 3 inches of rain and some higher winds.  But some of those areas more toward the storm center were projected to get 15-20 inches.  So it will take a few days for the waterways to collect and push this water to the coast. 

I hope everyone fared well and are able to get back to a new normal soon.
Please keep us posted if you can.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9