Author Topic: Forsyth Fanciers Show  (Read 3324 times)

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Forsyth Fanciers Show
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
I have finally caught up enough to file a report on the great trip and visit Ernie and I had with the group in North Carolina.  We left Texas on Thursday afternoon and got back to Texas mid afternoon on Sunday.

We made the trip out to pick up birds that Don had located for us.  We were able to pick up a nice set of Buff Ameraucana Bantams.  Jeffery and Sherry were kind enough to pick up a neat pair of Silver pullets and a very nice trio of Wheatens for me from Mr. Robert Burns and bring them to the show. I also got two pair of really nice  Wheatens from Maggie Miers....All bantams. Maggie told me she was going to all Silvers.  She had some really nice ones at the show. I hope to get some eggs from her next spring. Ernie also came home with a very nice LF Buff Cockerel from Mr.John Marshall. After we had all those sorted and loaded Ernie told me we could put up the console and put one more crate there !!!! I declined.  Although if I could have gotten the lady with the Bantam Salmon Faverolles to  have sold me a pair we would have had to use it !! Ernie carried Don and Jeffery some Black Bantam and White Bantam cockerels.  I took Susan a nice LF Wheaten cockerel.

It was so nice to meet and visit with folks we mostly talk with online. Ms Dot (Ernie's mom) sent Jeffrey one of her pound cakes which we all helped him eat.  We visited with Don Cash, Jeffrey and Sherry Vance, Susan Mouw (so good to finally meet her in person), Don Hartman, Mr. John Marshall, Maggie Miers (we had a lot of ventures in common...goats, horses, crafts.  She does the most gorgeous gourd baskets with pine straw borders). We enjoyed the show.  Susan and Maggie both did well with their birds. I'm sure the results will be posted before long. We had to leave before the final results but kept in touch with Don to see how things went. The group had a very nice show with some quality birds being shown.

I can not thank Don Cash enough for his time and effort in locating birds for us and co-ordinating getting them to the show for us to pick up,  He truly did a great job and I so appreciate his kindness and willingness to help us. We just have so many wonderful members in this club.   

Anyway, it was a treat. God Bless.

Peggy

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Forsyth Fanciers Show
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
Peggy, it was such a treat meeting you and Ernie!  That lovely wheaten cockerel is pacing his cage, waiting to join his girls. lol  He's going to fit in just fine. :)

If I'd only had more room in my car...and another empty coop at home...I would have loved to bring that beautiful white trio of Ernie's home with me, too!

It was a great show...not because of the wins...but because of the great group of folks to meet, chat, laugh, and spend time with.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Maggie Maier

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:32:54 AM »
Thank you Peggy for the nice write up. We had such a great time at the show. It was so nice to meet Peggy & Ernie from Texas. We were all glad for the opportunity to send some of our good birds to Texas.
Maggie Maier

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
I agree with Peggy. We both appreciate everyone in that area who helped us find the things that we were looking for. We were blessed with great weather and a nice drive. It was nice to get to meet new people and visit with the ones that we don't get to see very often. Maybe one day, we will have a show that is centrally located and we can all show together.

Be Blessed,
Ernie

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:50:30 AM »
Peggy and Ernie,  Thank you for your kind words.  We were very glad that you could make the trip and enjoy at least a part of the show with our small group.   We thought it was going to be a very small LF portion of the show until we realized that Susan's entry had been missed.  Glad that was resolved quickly and everything went smoothly after that.   And we are very glad that you could take some bantams out to your part of the country to share them in your area.  The bantams certainly deserve more attention all through the south.  And thanks for bringing some of your stock this way.  If we work together, we might be able to get other folks to see the advantages of this great breed.   I hope you all have a great spring hatching season.   Raise as many as you can and spread them around.   Maybe you can send some good ones back this way too.   Blessings!   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9