Author Topic: Northeast Georgia PFA Double Show, 1/21/2017, Jefferson, GA  (Read 2163 times)

Temple DaSilva

Northeast Georgia PFA Double Show, 1/21/2017, Jefferson, GA
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:14:32 AM »
Northeast Georgia Poultry Fanciers Association Double Show
Jefferson, GA
Mike Anderson
NEGAPFAshow@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:42:39 AM by Temple DaSilva »

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Northeast Georgia PFA Double Show, 1/21/2017, Jefferson, GA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:12:28 PM »
I had the pleasure of attending this show on Saturday and would like to thank the crew at the NE Georgia Poultry Fanciers Association!  They did a great job at organizing and keeping everything moving along and well run.  I will definitely include this show in my show plans for next spring.

This was a double show, with 14 Ameraucanas entered in Open Large Fowl, one absent, so 13 judged.  There was also 1 Ameraucana entered in Junior Open Large Fowl.

In the first open show, judged by Ben Porter, my black cockerel took BB, with Stan Alder's buff cockerel taking Reserve Breed.

In the second open show, judged by Tom Carey, my black cockerel won BB and Reserve CH AOSB, and my wheaten cockerel took Reserve Breed.

In the Junior show, judged by Brian Caraker, Thomas Wilkerson won BV, BB, and CH AOSB with his blue cockerel.  This was Thomas's first show - great way to start out!

Another show first-timer and ABC member, Sara Knight, was there with a blue cockerel and pullet, and a lovely pair of mottled Ameraucanas.

Without saying a lot about it, it is very interesting sometimes to see the difference between two judges, on the same day, and with the same birds.  That, alone, is an education!

The full meet report can be seen here: 1-21-17 NEGAPFA Jefferson GA

Here are pics from the show.  I am not a talented picture taker, so forgive the poor representation of some very nice birds.

BB BV Black K by Susan Mouw - first show
Res CH AOSB BB BV Black K by Susan Mouw - second show

RB BV Buff K by Stan Alder - first show
RV Buff K by Stan Alder - second show

RB BV Wheaten K by Susan Mouw - second show

BV Blue P by Sara Knight - both shows

RV Blue K by Sara Knight - both shows

BV Blue Wheaten P by Susan Mouw - both shows

RV Buff P by Stan Alder - first show
BV Buff P by Stan Alder - second show

BV Silver P by Stan Alder - both shows

BV White K by Stan Alder - second show