Author Topic: Araucana eggs Hatching  (Read 4661 times)

Araucana eggs Hatching
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »
I have 12 Batam Araucana eggs and 11 LF in the incabator we had a power outage for 5 hrs. night before last what are the chances of them still hatching should hatch tomorrow

Mike Gilbert

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:55:51 PM »
The chances are excellent, though they may take alittle longer and you may not get quite as good a hatch.   Keep us posted as to the results.

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:11:17 PM »
ok thanks Mike

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »
Batam`s didnt make it LF due today

faith valley

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 06:28:04 PM »
Our power just came back on so I know how you feel.  After it had been off for 17 hours I packed up my cabinet incubator and drove it 20 miles north to a friend who had power. We are just getting ready to go pick it up.  I got a call a bit ago and two babies had hatched out this afternoon- pretty surprising. Our power had been off from Thursday afternoon until Saturday afternoon.  Sure seemed like a long time...

~Patty~

John

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 08:54:07 PM »
Someone I know had power trouble with his incubator back in April.  He had it all set up and working...full of eggs.  I don\'t remember the reason, but he moved it to another building.  He plugged it in and waited until it was up to the proper temperature, turned out the light and shut the door as he left the building.  When he checked on it a hour of so later the temp was low.  Everything seemed to be working fine and he babysat it again until it was up to the proper temp.  This same thing happened a few times that day and each time he came back in the building and turned on the light everything looked like it was operating as it should, but it had lost the heat.
That\'s right he had forgotten the incubator was working off the light switch in that building.  He was turning the incubator on and off each time he entered and exited the building by turning the light switch on and off.
 :o

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 07:17:35 AM »
Lost the LF too I was gone give up but I bided on some more Araucana eggs on ebay and gone give it another try when I gets some real Chicks instead of EEers I want to join the club

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 12:03:38 PM »
I had a simliar problem last fall with some eggs I was trying to hatch.  I ended up in my car for two hours with the heat blowing full blast to keep my eggs warm.  I got 7 out of 12 to hatch, which was pretty good since they were \"medicated\" eggs.

I even have one beautiful roo out of that hatch that everyone around here wants.  He is going to our local fair first then I can sell him.  His name is \"FORD\". HA HA

Sorry you lost your chicks.  You may want to consider getting a generator if you plan to hatch chicks, it is a good investment!  We have one, and I just couldn\'t get to it in the middle of the night in the dark when my electricity went out.  It is left in a \"easy to locate\" spot now.

Jean
Jean

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »
Thanks Jean I`ll have to get Me one

Mike Gilbert

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
Lamplighter,
If you are purchasing Araucana eggs you may want to join the Araucana club.   We exist to promote and educate about the Ameraucana breed.      There are major differences.

Araucana eggs Hatching
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
thanks Mike I`ll try to get some Ameraucana eggs next