The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Exhibitor Points

(1/6) > >>

Kelly Gore:
I am a little confused as to how the point system works. I had a pullet win Best AOSB at our show in October. Does that mean Ch Ameraucana? That is not written on the coop card.

Don:
Kelly, A bird has to win a class to advance to the next level.  So yes if you had Champion AOSB, it had to first win Best of Variety, then Best of Breed.  You get ABC points up to Champion Ameraucana, so the number of AMs shown will determine the number of points.  You can also gain points for all of the entries that you win over in the AOSB classes for the APA. 

Susan Mouw:
Congratulations on your win!

CH AOSB does not automatically equal CH Ameraucana.  CH Ameraucana and Res CH Ameraucana are the top two Ameraucanas overall, in both bantam and large fowl.  A judge has to be requested to make that designation and, usually, we only do it for District or National meets.

To give an example, let's say we have the following:  in Large fowl, Best of Breed was a black cockerel, and the Reserve of Breed was a blue hen.  In bantams, the BB was a silver hen and the RB was a wheaten pullet.

We ask the judge to choose CH Ameraucana and Reserve CH Ameraucana.  The judge decides that the best Ameraucana entered that day was the black cockerel from the large fowl class and the Reserve goes to the silver hen.

Susan Mouw:
To take the above example a bit further, let's say there were 38 LF Ameraucanas entered and judged and 22 bantam Ameraucanas.

The Black cockerel that won BB in LF automatically gets 38 points and the Blue Hen that won RB gets 37 points.
The Silver Hen that won BB in bantams has earned 22 points and the wheaten pullet that won RB earns 21 points.

If CH Ameraucana and Res CH Ameraucana are named, then the points would be for the total Ameraucanas entered, in both LF and bantam, so, instead of the above, the Black Ameraucana named CH Ameraucana would get 38 + 22 points = 60 points, because he beat all large fowl and all bantam.  The Silver Hen that was awarded Reserve CH Ameraucana would get one point less - 37 (she didn't beat the Black Cockerel) + 22 = 59 points.

The RB in LF and the RB in bantams points won't change - they still only beat the other birds in their class.

Kelly Gore:
My coop card does have BV and BB in black. The Best AOSB in red. I have no idea how many Ameraucana's were at the show. I didn't see any bantams. So, if there were 25 LF entered. My best would get 25 points. My other pullet had RV and RB written on her card. She would get 24 points? And are points accumulated per calendar year or? So much to learn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version