The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Exhibitor Points

<< < (2/6) > >>

Susan Mouw:
You've got it!  If there were 25 entered and judged (not absent), then your BB would get 25 points and your RB would get 24.

Points from Open class are accumulated over your whole showing career and as long as you are a member of the ABC.  Points from Jr classes are accumulated until you reach age 18.

Points for the ABC are only counted for how many Ameraucanas you beat, so wins for Class CH and above are not counted.  However, if you are a member of the APA, Class CH an Res Class CH can count for points, if there are at least 25 birds in the whole class.

Ernie Haire:
There is an explanation of how ABC Points are figured on the website. I think that you can locate it by following the link to Exhibitor Points. The Annual High Point Award is figured from the first show after the Nationals through the last show before the next National Show. It is not the calendar year. Many of the breed clubs award show points using the same process as the ABC.

APA points are figured on how many birds were entered in the class. It used to be only for the Best of Class with a 25 entry limit. I think that they are changing that to allow Reserve Champions of Class to receive points too.

The ABA awards points to members based on the size of the show and the amount of birds entered in the class.

Susan Mouw:
The Annual High Point awards ended with this last National.  I'm working on meet reports and points now, so should have some numbers and winners soon.

Of course, Master Breeder and the other recognition for achievements will continue.

Ernie Haire:
Susan,

We appreciate all of the work that you do for our club. I know how much work it is to keep up with all of the reports and point tabulations that you do. It is hard enough for me to work and keep up with feeding and tending to the chickens.

Be Blessed,
Ernie

Seth Johnson:
So, if we ask show management to have a "Champion Ameraucana" chosen at a AM Meet we could potentially be doubling or more the points the winner of that honor gets? And if nobody asks, they just get their LF and Bantam points?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version