Author Topic: AI in YN  (Read 2951 times)

John

AI in YN
« on: July 13, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 8:54 AM
To: cherr@pennag.com
Subject: AI

FYI – Apparently diagnosed yesterday.  PDA will share info as we get it.  Bruce

Industry Stakeholders:

I\'m writing to inform you that preliminary test results indicate that a large duck producer in New York State is positive for H7N2 LPAI.  The affected premises is under State quarantine. Moreover, biosecurity on the premises has been tightened. State officials are now determining what additional containment or response activities to undertake; APHIS will assist the State as needed.  USDA will work closely with its trading partners, including Mexico, to limit the impact of this finding. We will also provide additional updates on this finding as appropriate.  Please feel free to share this information with your stakeholders.

Sincerely,

John R. Clifford

Deputy Administrator

Veterinary Services

Bruce Schmucker, VMD

Chief, Regulations and Compliance Division
Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
2301 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9408
Phone 717 783 9550
Fax 717 787 1868
Email bschmucker@state.pa.us

AI in YN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:37:16 PM »

Yeah, now ya can see why they are pushing so hard for a national register.  If you check the date, it has been a while, we were notifyed on july 1st, still well after the discovery.
A western Ny area farmer, who also exports accross the boarder. luckily not an exhibitor, at least not that had been reported.
I was talking to the state vet yesterday, and she said it is not a matter of if, it has already been decided, they are trying to get input from differant cross section as to how to handle the identification system species by species...soooo i hope we do get some imput here.