Author Topic: Blue silver?  (Read 2913 times)

Blue silver?
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:10:07 AM »
I was wondering if Blue Silver is a standardized color? I am new to Ameraucanas, its my second year with them and I got a b.e.a uuutiful stnd. blue silver cockeral out of my Silver rooster and a blue hen, he hasn\'t completely feathered out but he looks very promising(exept for the one or two solid blue hackles).

Oh, and while I am at colors, is blue Standardized? His sister is as solid blue as blue can be!

Thx in advance.
Anna

Blue silver?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:00:26 AM »
Hm, then I gotta find myself a Silver hen, had one but she died because she got eggbound while I was in school...... she was my favorit, she would follow me all day long and wanted to be picked up...  :( I miss her....

Blue silver chicks should be chipmunks too? My cockeral wasn\'t, he was as solid blue as his sister, just now his hackles are growing and to my surprise they are white.

Thx for the advice.
I was told blue isn\'t standardized from one person and I was told by another that it was, so now I had to ask.....

bantamhill

Blue silver?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 09:21:04 AM »
Blue Silver is not a recognized variety of Ameraucana. That being said, there are people working in the color variety. There is no draft standard other than take a silver and replace all of the black with blue. If you are interested in the project you need to document your work. In order to be introduced as a standard variety we need to have 5 people breeding for 5 years and a qualifying meet along with several other stipilations.

I made initial crosses last year and have done a second set of crosses this year in both bantam and large fowl.

Michael

Blue silver?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 12:17:25 AM »
Documenting? Like, writing down what you mated with what and what you got out of it? Or how? I am working on keeping a record book of every breed I have, anything else? I would love to work on that project too, I just wont be at any of the meets or anything..