Author Topic: Hatching eggs available  (Read 4141 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Hatching eggs available
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:56:58 PM »
  We are getting a lot more hatching eggs than we need.  We hadn\'t planned on offering day old chicks this spring \'07 hatching season due to building a new house and the time the chicks require.
  I got home from the hospital just in time to tend to a hatch.  The black, blue, splash hatched very well.  The wheaten, blue wheaten and splash wheaten hatched fair and the buff didn\'t hatch any.  The closer it gets to spring the better they will hatch.  We are going to set another incubator soon so we can have some birds to show this fall.  The BV buff large fowl at the 2007 national wins the Arne Schmidtzs memorial traveling award.
  The by-pass surgery went well.  I had four totally blocked arteries that had attempted to grow their own by-passes.  I had one of the best heart surgeons in the area.  He did a very good job, and the Lord is doing the healing.  I\'m doing better each day, anxious to get back to normal.  It\'s planting time, chick hatching time and time to get the house going full speed again.
  We have several orders but can supply many more.  Presently we have black only; blue, black and splash; wheaten; blue wheaten; and splash wheaten; and soon blue only as we are changing places with two males.  The buffs are going to have to start hatching before we let anymore of them out.  We ship all our hatching eggs in customized hatching boxes which have a reversable top with labels and stamps on it for it\'s return trip.  Each egg is disinfected wrapped in newspaper and packed in a cell inside the box.  We have boxes which hold 1, 2, 3 1/2, 4 and 6 dozen.  They are shipped by priority mail which goes by both distance and weight-so we MUST HAVE YOUR ZIP CODE when requiring about egg prices as the postage plays a large part in what they cost.  Anyone can e-mail us at: sw_psmith@swmail.net
Paul Smith

titansrunfarm

Hatching eggs available
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »
Oooh goody! I sent you email :)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Hatching eggs available
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »
Hi Paul!

It\'s Jean, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you when John told us you had heart surgery.

Glad you are getting well!  Don\'t work too hard!

Happy Hatching!

Jean
Jean

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Hatching eggs available
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
  We have sent hatching eggs every direction except South.  We are still getting plenty, if anyone wants to hatch some.  We have black only; blue only; blue, black, and splash; wheaten only; blue wheaten, wheaten and splash wheaten.  Our third incubator has just started it\'s second week.  The spring weather should have the eggs in their peak hatching performance now.
  Fade or wash-out has effected the egg shell color now, that the females have been laying for several months, but their daughters will lay blue eggs, at least for a while.  Anyone who wants some may contact us at sw_psmith@swmail.net, we only raise large fowl be sure to send your zip code when inquiring.
  I\'m healing rapidly and started back on the house now.
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

Hatching eggs available
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
Good to hear you are doing well Paul.   Don\'t overdo it with that house building!    We don\'t want to hear about any relapses, okay?    Our chickens have been laying well now too, and we are setting eggs weekly.    I tried shipping a few eggs to John across the little pond we call Lake Michigan, and it took almost a week by priority mail.    He reported only one chick hatched out of a dozen - which explains why I don\'t bother to ship eggs as a normal practice.   Others have success, but my experience with egg shipping has been very poor.

John

Hatching eggs available
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 11:30:15 PM »
That big pond they call Lake Michigan must be the problem.
Paul, Barbara, Patty and Michael have all sent eggs to me on Thursdays and they all arrived by Saturday Morning.  Eggs from Wisconsin must be routed thru the U.P. and carried on moose, Eh?