Author Topic: Shipping update  (Read 2598 times)

Blue Egg Acres

Shipping update
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:42:59 AM »
The following update is posted on the Bird Shippers of America website at www.birdshippers.org. I for one was pretty much shut down on shipping lives smack dab in the middle of the hatching season, very discouraging. PLEASE take the time to submit the survey - maybe it will make a difference for those of us having problems! Thanks!
Barbara

Shipping Survey
August 2, 2005
Dear BSA Member:
As all of us are very much aware 2005 has been, for many of us, a very difficult year to ship our birds. There have been numerous complications - some of which have been solved and others of which still need a great deal of work.
Our organization has been contacted by one of the major airlines. They are interested in the possibility of carrying more of our industries “lives” then they presently have the opportunity to carry. At this infant stage, they are very optimistic about exploring this additional business. I know this sounds very encouraging, and it is, but like everything else in this industry it will take some time to develop.
They have asked us for some information concerning our group\'s shipping history which will aid them in deciding the feasibility of such. If you would please take this opportunity to complete the very brief survey below it will be of great benefit to us. I am sorry, but we need to have this survey returned to us prior to August 12th so we can tabulate figures for the airline. Please be as accurate as possible.
Thank you very much for your cooperation in this most important matter.
Sincerely,
Murray J. McMurray, Chairman BSA

SHIPPING SURVEY
Please copy this survey to an email, fill it out and email to survey@birdshippers.org
Please include your name and address.

1) Packages mailed per month?
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

2) Average weight of package?

3) What airport does your Post Office use to ship out your birds?

John

Shipping update
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:21:55 PM »
Barbara,
Thanks for the info.  I\'ve sent an email to them.

Blue Egg Acres

Shipping update
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 11:55:39 AM »
Those of you that have been active over on The Poultry Connection are probably laready aware of this, I\'ve just discovered it. If you have\'nt already signed, please take a moment to consider it.
Thanks,
Barbara

http://www.petitiononline.com/p0001/petition.html