Author Topic: Blue egg chart  (Read 15823 times)

Blue Egg Acres

Blue egg chart
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
I though it was just me but when I had my daughter compare my eggs to the chart she too said it would be nice if the color chips could be larger. Is this at all possible?

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Blue egg chart
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 07:21:06 AM »
I like the look of the chart, is this something that would fit into your pocket or maybe be a little bigger for in the house?

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56:51 AM »
fit into your pocket

Yes, but it would get bent and ruined.  It is a 4\" by 6\" photo.

Barbara\'s comments have sparked ideas about changes in the charts design.  We could omit the C & D color chips making more room to enlarge the remaining bluer A & B chips.
We could maybe print the charts as 5\" by 7\" photos.  All the color chips would then be larger.  Or, maybe do the 5x7 size and go with only the A and B chips.
??????  

Blue egg chart
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
I prefer the larger size with A&B chips only.

Blue egg chart
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 01:03:01 AM »
I\'d like to have all the colors, howabout making a round color selector? The bottom piece has all the colors in a color wheel type format; and the top piece is movable, has the club logo, and blocks out all the colors except for one? It\'s nice to be able to block out other colors with you\'re identifying a color, so you\'re not distracted. You\'d also be able to have bigger color chips, since the logo is moved to the top piece. Kinda like this, but with just one window:

bantamhill

Blue egg chart
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 09:14:28 PM »
The discussion at the National Meet was short and sweet. If possible loose the lavender colors, make the chips larger if possible, and use a blue background with the ABA blue wheaten portrait.

Michael
Secretary/Treasurer
Ameraucana Breeders Club

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
Frank left the color chips as is and designed an ABC chart with the wheaten portrait in a white oval on the light blue background.  He printed two 4 by 6 and one 5 by 7 that I forwarded to Barbara knowing it will be helpful to her with her poor eyesight.
I now have the ABC chart file and am having 20 charts printed at a local custom photo print shop.  They have to be printed at custom print shop, rather than an economy print shop, so color adjustments can be made to duplicate the colors correctly.
The ABC Board will set a price for these charts and then they will be available thru the club.

Blue Egg Acres

Blue egg chart
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 11:49:28 AM »
Thanks John!!! ;)

Blue egg chart
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
With only 20 being printed, do we need to send in $ now to reserve one?

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »
I went to the photo shop and after many adjustments they couldn\'t reproduce all the colors correctly.
We may have to have them printed in the UK and sent over to ensure consistent color matches, but I\'ll try another custom print shop next week before giving up.

Blue egg chart
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
Don\'t give up.  My photo lab that I use for my event photography software (the lab is the backend print shop for many of the major photo sites in the US) has a great color matching process.  These are the photo prints you would get if you uploaded a photo to a website for printing or if you were at Little Johnny\'s baseball game and the pro photographer took his pic while he made the game winning hit.

I can do many formats, including prints for wallets, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20, 30x40 and other items including mouse pads, photo key tags, picture mugs, photo magnets, luggage tags, 4x8 greeting cards, etc.

Not sure what price you are looking at for your custom shop you are using, but I get wholesale rates because I send dozens of customers through to the lab in bulk via an automated process.  I never have to touch the photos...my server handles everything.

Blue egg chart
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »
I had exactly the same problems over here. The chemical photographic process is usually very accurate, so long as the machine has been recently calibrated. Old chemicals can change the colors a lot.

Mini photo booths give a really bad result- I wouldn\'t even have my regular prints done that way...

The other thing that can change the result is if auto correction is switched on- the machine adjusts the overall finish to get the right balance that it is programmed with to a set picture, usually with skin tones and sky/water background. The classic is a night sky which turns out grey. Who has ever seen a grey midnight sky? The camera will usually get it about right.

Most \'operators\' don\'t really understand that much about what is involved in processing an image. They just press the go button and follow the instructions on the machine. There\'s a hundred years of technology in that really thin surface coating film that gives us the image.

I recommend that everyone always has a test print made before running a whole batch. I use a similar image to a TV broadcast test. You can download them from many sites.

frank :-)

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »
100 ABC Egg Color Reference Charts have been printed and are now available thru our club Secretary. :D
The Board of Directors has set the prices at $3 for one or 2 for $5.  These are the same prices whether you buy them at an ABC meet or have them sent to you.  We will have them available for you to purchase at the NC District meet in Iowa City on the 24th and 25th.