Author Topic: Blue egg chart  (Read 15822 times)

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Blue egg chart
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
ABC is probably working on a color chart for eggs.  I have seen some post on other sites looking for a chart.  The UK club has a chart right now.  I bought one off of Ebay UK for Araucanas(UK Type).  Thought it may help until ABC has an official chart.   :D
Harry Shaffer

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:32:08 AM »
I saw the chart on EBay about a week ago.  Frank Decmar, from the British Araucana club has been in contact with Michael Muenks and me about the charts.  Michael should have a few to show them off at the National meet.  It sounds like they are quite small (about 4\" by 6\") and that would make them very convenient to use.  Frank said
they are a great club fund raiser and promotion \'tool\'. At shows we sell them for £2.50 (about $5) or we give one away for free to each new membership sign up. The ACA has their own version too (with the same colour codes).

bantamhill

Blue egg chart
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »
I have several samples that Frank kindly sent for club members to view and discuss at the national meet.

Michael

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »
FYI, Here is what the prototype looks like that Frank came up with for the ABC.  

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »
The chart colors are kind of washed out, but what do you think about this for an ABC center?  It is just a mock-up at this point.

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
FYI, here is what the ACA chart looks like.

Blue egg chart
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »
Here is a chart I had worked on in the past. It only deals with the color blue. It needs lots of work.  My copy is not grainy. When I loaded the chart it became grainy. Let me know what you think.
Go to my website and click on the Blue Egg Egg Chart page.

Web site is below.

Tim

Mike Gilbert

Blue egg chart
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
John, the mock up looks good to me.

Blue Egg Acres

Blue egg chart
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
The mockup is very attractive. I like this much better than the one with the logo.

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Blue egg chart
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 11:03:33 PM »
John,
    The mockup that you did has the best color contrast and eye appeal.  
Harry Shaffer

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 03:21:19 PM »
Tim,
Your chart is fine and does only have blue colors for sure.  Some of the lighter shades would make great goals.

The chart that Frank came up with has colors sampled from actual dry fresh egg shells.  He says:
Well, after about two and a half years of colour sampling from fresh egg shell chips sent in from Araucana enthusiasts around the world, we finally have a reference.

and
This photographically reproduced card (using a chemical photo print process for colour accuracy) will be sent to you as a 6\" x 4\" (150mm x 100mm) card. I have been asked if it was possible to send it to buyers as a digital jpg; I\'m afraid not as this obviously allows copies to be made, with alterations. It would then no longer be a standard reference.

Ameraucana and Araucana breeders around the world are working to improve egg color in many varieties and with a standardized chart we can all be on the same page when talking egg color if we are using the same chart.

Blue egg chart
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
John,

Sounds great. No need to reinvent the wheel. I would be interested in a chart when they are available. What is the ameraucana standard on the proposed chart? A7 looks like a winner.

I am working toward a 5 or 6 on my chart with my blueggers.

Tim

Blue egg chart
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »
When and where can I buy an egg chart?

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
A7 looks like a winner.

That and A12 are the ones that caught my eye.
I\'m working with Frank, via email, on the ABC version of the chart and will make a post when we have some available.

John

Blue egg chart
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »
Here is the latest draft.  Speak now or forever hold your peace.