Author Topic: North Central District Meet  (Read 16242 times)

Mike Gilbert

North Central District Meet
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »
Jerry DeSmidt, our N.C. District director, has placed our 2007 district meet with the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association show which is held the first weekend after Thanksgiving.   I received my show bulletin from the show secretary yesterday.
I was just wondering how many of us were planning to attend?
The entry deadline is November 13th.   The show hall is right off Interstate 80 just a couple of miles east of Iowa City, very easy to find.  Iowa City has plenty of motels within easy driving distance of the show.    If you have not received a show bulletin, contact Phil Shank, 1355 Elm Avenue, Wellman, IA  52356.    Phil\'s phone number is (319)646-2011, and his e-mail address is pbshank@netins.net .   N.P.I.P. papers or a recent pullorum test is required to show in Iowa.

Could we have an electronic \"show of hands\" here to determine how many plan to attend?

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »
Can you see me waving my hand from the back row of the classroom????  :p I am planning to be there with a few birds. I suspect Al Nichols will be there since she sponsored an award.

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 08:36:03 PM »
Are they having an egg contest?  My best blue egg laying hen started up again and I could mail some eggs if there is another egg contest.

That is if someone would take them to the show for me.... and that is if the western district is allowed to attend.

Jean :)
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »
Jean, you certainly are allowed to participate.   The districts are just a way of splitting up duties and meets, but entries
have no boundaries.    I have not heard anything about an egg contest to this point.   Michael?  John?

bantamhill

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »
I have not heard about one at the meet, but I am not opposed if there is interest in having an egg contest.

Michael

John

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
egg contest

The district meets are headed up by the district directors and I feel it is entirely up to them.
Personally I think the egg judging contest at our annual National meet is a great idea and worth continuing, but unless we have a good number of entries it may bomb at other meets and be more of a negative than positive experience.  

John

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »
I was just wondering how many of us were planning to attend?

Count me in.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »
And me.    This past week I was able to drive my car for the first time since August.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 10:34:51 PM »
We have decided to procrastinate all the work that we are doing on our house project and attend the NC district show.  It looks like this may be the most attended Ameraucana meet in 2007.  Looking forward to seeing the gang.

If anyone needs some breeding Ameraucanas or a few layers we still have some for sale.  We have some of the best black males that we have ever raised.  There is still a full brother to the national champion for sale.  If interested we may be reached at sw_psmith@swmail.net
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:17:12 AM »
Wonderful!    Now I wish I had entered more birds.   Looking forward to this show, as it will be our first (actually being there) since last June.   Paul, bring your best sale birds along.
Maybe I will decide to cross in a black on my brown reds to improve size and type.

John

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:19:27 PM »
I count 5 Ameraucana people so far that plan to be there.  
Al
Michael
Mike
Paul
John
???

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 10:24:19 PM »
I can not make it I have to work on the 23 and 24 for our christmas season. I hope you all have fun.

Jerry

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
We\'ll miss you Jerry.   But jobs and family do come before our \"chicken habit\" so you do have your priorites in order.
Any announcement yet with regard to our 2008 National Meet?

John

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »
We just got home about 10pm eastern time.  It was a little over 500 miles and slow going with a lot of snow, sleet and rain.
Three were 1,961 birds entered in the show.  They hosted two National meets besides several District meets, like ours.  It is usually about a 1,200 bird show.
Michael will have a complete show report in the upcoming Bulletin and I\'m sure Paul & Angela will post some photos on the Forum after they get home.
Yes, we had a great time!

bantamhill

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »
The Muenks\' also made it home safely . . . only drizzle and flurries on our trip home. We had a great time visiting with all of the folks! The show report is in the bulletin which will be mailed this week.

Michael