Author Topic: Iowa City available birds?  (Read 4794 times)

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
Iowa City available birds?
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »
I have transport available back to California from Iowa City.  Are there any black golds with straw coloring or brown reds that are too light available?  I need the straw coloring in both bantam and LF.

My email is lyne@bryngyld.com
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot.  I could use a bantam buff for the straw coloring too.  (I have already crossed the LF with buff, so I might be OK in the next generation.)
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
Al Nichols is the only one I can think of who will be there who might have some available.   Michael, could you send Lyne Al\'s contact info so they can talk directly?  By this time of year I only have left the breeding stock I need to keep going.

John

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »
I may bring an extra bantam buff cockerel for Lyne, but have to check to see what I have.  He won\'t be a great buff, but should be good enough for the black gold project.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 12:25:02 AM »
A buff cockerel would be awesome.  I\'m excited now to think that the LF chicks I kept from Jay\'s buff cross might have lighter gold in them.  One or two of the pullets just started laying, so I should find out soon.

I hope to hear from Al, too, if he has something also.
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 07:28:11 AM »
Hi Lyne,
Actually, Al is a she (Alnice).    But since you mentioned Jay, and I assume you mean Jay Horn, does he still keep any Ameraucanas?   Jay and I met, actually shared a room, at the Ohio National one year when the A.B.A. and A.P.A. were holding a joint national meet.

Mike G.

John

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
Jay Horn, does he still keep any Ameraucanas?

I think Jay still has some chickens, but don\'t think he kept any Ameraucanas.  Several years ago Arne Schmidt and I started him out with LF buffs at a joint meet in Ohio.  I bought several of Jay\'s remaining buffs a couple years ago.  I think Paul and some others also bought from him around that same time.  He was temporarily downsizing, due to college classes and whatever that was taking up much of his time.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
Oops.  Al is a she.  

I met Jay\'s beautiful she when I picked up my two buffs a couple years ago.  Might be the reason he has less time for chickens.  ^_^  He didn\'t have bantams then.

Hopefully, I\'ll hear from Al, but John\'s buff cockerel should bail me out of my problem with the missing color.
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

John

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »
I also have 3 bantam cockerels that I can take to Iowa City if anyone is interested.  
1 blue wheaten
2 wheaten
Email me for prices.

John

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:05 AM »
NOAA forecast for Iowa City this weekend...
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »
The low 20\'s and high 30\'s are going to be a big change from the low 60\'s and low 80\'s that we have had for the past several days.
  Thanks John for sharing this chilling info.  Looking forward to seeing and showing with you and the rest of the Ameraucana gang that are coming.
Paul
Paul Smith

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
I talked to Al for a long time on the phone.  She has one cockerel from black gold and buff but he is a very different color.  Maybe brownish over blue.  I don\'t see any yellowish hackles coming in, so he might not be any good for my needs.

ANYWAY, we were talking about the blue golds and she\'s thinking of joining me in that side trail.

If anyone has an extra blue bantam pullet or two that I could get at the show, that would be awesome.  I need to make more than just a couple of them!
Lyne Peterson
Northern California