Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 2794 times)

John

Wikipedia
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
I\'ve defined Ameraucana for the free on-line encyclopedia, Wikipedia.  Wikipedia is a great resource.  I use it when I am looking for a definition or background information on whatever.  Hopefully they will not delete the page and it will help educate the public about what an Ameraucana really is.
If you are a Wikipedia contributor and want to add to the page or just to view it go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameraucana

Johnny Parks

Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »
This link is great!  It may need some correcting though.  Look at the bottom of this page on this link.  Check the spelling at the bottom.  Specifically, Americana Poultry Association and Americana Bantam Association.  It seems these names being so similar to American is creating all sorts of problems with spelling.  Johnny

John

Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:38:47 PM »
Wow, thanks for proofing it.  They must have been my typos and I\'ve corrected them.

Blue Egg Acres

Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
John, I\'ve noticed that when I do a web search for something, wikipedia is usually one of the first results that comes up. So, I searched for \"ameraucana\" expecting your new page to come up in the results but it doesn\'t. Araucana does come up however. Is there something you can/need to do on wikipedia to make your page show up when one does a web search for ameraucana?
Brilliant idea brw!

John

Wikipedia
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:22:32 AM »
Araucana does come up however

The Araucana page has been there for quite awhile and has the words Ameraucana and Ameraucanas in it\'s text, so the search engines have had time to visit it many times.  The Ameraucana page is so new that search engines, that crawl the Internet, haven\'t seen it yet and don\'t list it.  That should change within a month or two.