Author Topic: Looking for LF Silver Ameraucana hatching eggs  (Read 4154 times)

Looking for LF Silver Ameraucana hatching eggs
« on: August 15, 2005, 12:00:16 PM »
I have a very nice Large Fowl Silver Ameraucana roo and 3  pullets from very good stock (Cree Farms).  One Pullet is beautiful, everything a Silver Ameraucana should be. The other 2 pullets are nice birds but no beards.  I would like to buy hatching eggs in the spring from good stock, hoping for more bearded pullets for breeding. (non-bearded pullets will be kept just for eating eggs).  If you will have hatching eggs available in the spring, kindly email me at sweeth2o1@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Linda in California

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »

We hope to have more available as spring aproches. thye are all laying well now, but they are loose and on pasture, so birds are not seperated intop breeding groups.
Our silvers are not the best show stock yet, but are all good layers of blue shades of eggs, and inspite of color flaws that creap in, all have been bearded and muffed, and pea combs,...untio this year, we have a few very nicely colord pullets that have close to a single combe cropping in there...but if interested, we should have hatchign eggs available again in spring.

John

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »
I recommend Barbara Campbell and Michael Muenks for LF silver hatching eggs.  Both of them are ABC members and members of this Forum.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 09:16:37 AM »
I will second that comment - I bought some hatching eggs from Barbara this past spring, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten, and Silvers. Out of 36 eggs sent (packed marvelously well!) I hatched out 22 chicks sucesfully (a very good hatch rate for eggs shipped through the mail, in my experience.)

The Silvers are lovely and sweet, although I am still waffling about whether to continue with them or just focus on the W/BW, primarily due to space constraints. But wanted to reiterate that Barbara\'s chicks/eggs are well worth it, and the results are very nice indeed.

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 11:56:31 AM »
Gosh, I think I\'m blushing. Thanks for the good report Laura!
Barbara