Author Topic: Ameraucana Breeding Stock  (Read 3938 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Ameraucana Breeding Stock
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »
  We set our last incubator for 2008 on Monday 4-21.  It will be hatching 5-12 and we have one hatching 4-28.  We still can supply some potential show quality, straight run (unsexed), day old, express mail live lives postage paid, Ameraucana chicks in black, blue and splash.  The wheatens are heavily booked for our last two hatches.  Prices are: 10 for $85, 15 for $120, 20 for $150, 25 for $175 or 50 for $340.  All chicks are toe punched and produced by penned matings.

We also will have hatching eggs for a few more weeks.  Soon it will be too hot here to have the birds penned and they will be turned out.  Hatching eggs are $10/dozen plus PO charges.  They are sent by priority mail which is determined by weight and distance, so we must have a zip code to know what the PO charges will be.  Chicks are highly recommended over hatching eggs as the PO has ways of decreasing their ability to hatch.  Some get good hatches while others don\'t from eggs from the same breeding pens.

We also are now offering part of our breeding birds (black and blue) for sale to make room for the 2008 breeders.  Pullets and cockerels will be for sale this fall.

Paul & Angela Smith
sw_psmith@swmail.net
Paul Smith

John

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
I also have some breeders for sale.  I put my last hatch of eggs, for the season, in the incubators on Sunday.  

(1) quad of bantam brown reds

(2) pairs of bantam blues...buy one or both pairs.

FYI, Express Mail shipping of adult birds is not cheap.  If you are interested please email me for my prices of the birds and shipping boxes.  After a buyer sends a check to me for the birds and boxes I will ship the birds and the buy will pay for the shipping costs COD.  

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
The last hatch (May 12) still can provide a few more blue and possibly some splash chicks.  We can supply several orders of blacks in this hatch.  Blacks win the most shows, if someone wants to enter into the fancy hobby.  We have a grandmaster in black Ameraucanas.  All the wheatens, and blue wheatens have been booked for this hatch for several months.

All chicks are toe punched using the APA code which only allows for 15 breeding pens.  We have 28 breeding pens of black, blue and splash, so we use a plus code to identify the extra 13 pens progency.  This allows the birds to be identified so siblings aren\'t mated together.

Express mail live shipping charges go up May 12, along with other postage, but we will retain the same prices for this last hatch of 2008.
Paul Smith

John

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
Here are some photos of the birds I have for sale.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »
The past two days we have mailed over a tenth of our breeding flock in all four directions.  We still have more blues and blacks to offer.

It\'s not too late to get some chicks.  The last hatch of 2008 will be Monday May 12.  They will be mailed out on Tuesday May 13.
Paul Smith

John

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »
The breeders I had listed are gone.
Thanks,