Author Topic: Grandpa Tiny\'s Frankenmuth Fowl Fest  (Read 7364 times)

John

Grandpa Tiny\'s Frankenmuth Fowl Fest
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »
The show catalogs/premium books have been mailed.  If you didn\'t get one you may still get all the needed show information on the website FowlFest.org.  You can even print entry forms and showmanship registration forms from the site.  The pavilion (show barn) is fantastic and the fall colors will be at their peek.  Come for a weekend in \"Michigan\'s Little Bavaria\" and enjoy Grandpa Tiny\'s Frankenmuth Fowl Fest!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
I\'m am just wondering if anyone plans to have any LF or bantam Ameraucanas for sale at the fowl fest?  I am in need of basically any color variety and will be attending the show! They need not be top notch show potentential either...  A raccoon did a real number on my fowl this year and would like to add more before winter. Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »
I have 2 LF roosters I will be selling.  One is a blue and the other is a wheaten or blue wheaten.  They are 6 months old.

I may be able to add a matching hen to the rooster, just need to know ahead of time.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »
By the way Mr. Blehm,

My mom and I are working on the entry forms.  Hopefully will be in the mail on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Rachel

John

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:21 PM »
Rachel,
It\'s not \"Mr.\", just John.
I have several entries in already.  One was sent in over a month ago.  I guess some folks are really looking forward to the show.
See you here,

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »
Got it in the mail today finally!

See you in a couple weeks,
Rachel

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:57 PM »
i have one entery my lavender ameraucana

John

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 08:08:32 PM »
Looks like we\'ll have 1,367 birds entered by 162 exhibitors!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26:46 AM »
That is a lot of exhibitors!    Congratulations!    I guess the economy can\'t be all that bad, as the gas stations, motels, and restaurants will be busy.   But then things are seldom as bad as we read in the newspaper every day.  

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
This is our family vacation.  We still want to go to Disney, but Mom and Dad say it\'s not in the budget.

Rachel

faith valley

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »
How many ameraucanas are entered?

John

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 01:14:25 PM »
family vacation

Many thousands go to Frankenmuth for their vacations and don\'t get to take in a poultry show while there.  I\'ve heard from others that will play tourtist while in town and not spend the whole day at the show.  I think that is great for families.
Is is supposed to be sunny with a high near 70 on Saturday.  The Polish Breeders Club is having their national meet here and have well over 200 Polish entered.  I don\'t have a number for Ameraucanas, but there are several exhibitors that have entered them (Patty, there are also lots of Calls entered).  Folks are coming from NY, VA, IN, IL, WI, KY and OH.
It should be a great time.

John

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »
We had 21 bantams shown by 9 exhibitors.
Best of Breed was a white cockerel by Kate Sparks.
Reserve of Breed was a black cock by Kate.
We had 15 LF shown by 4 exhibitors.
BB & Champion AOSB was a black cock by Rick Straight.
RB was a black cockerel by Rick.

In order to give junior exhibitors the most opportunities to win all birds were judged in the open show.  Then junior birds were judged against all other junior birds, so as in the case of Rick Straight the same bird could win in the open show and also win in junior competition.

We had 12 bantams in Junior competition by 7 exhibitors.
BB was a lavender pullet by Rachel Wylie.
(I guess the judge didn\'t know lavender isn\'t a recognized variety and couldn\'t place higher than BV.)
We had 11 LF in Junior competition by 4 exhibitors.
BB was the black cock by Rick Straight.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »
Sounds like a nice turnout all considered.   Congratulations on another successful show!   Will there be pictures?

John

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »
I had my son, David, take some photos and I\'ve posted some of them on the About Us/Contact Us page of the FowlFest.org website.  I don\'t think any are of Ameraucanas, but I\'ll post a couple photos here from the show just to let folks see some of what was a great weekend.
Evelyn Nuffer was honored.  The late Bill Bowman was remembered.  The weather was fantastic.  The pavilion offers great lighting and 6\' wide aisles, plus Jim Fegan was one of our judges!  What more could you ask for?