Author Topic: Wisconsin International Show  (Read 2037 times)

Mike Gilbert

Wisconsin International Show
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
Mary and I had a great time at the Wisconsin International poultry show this weekend.   Got to talk with many of the folks who will be hosting our national meet at Hutchinson, Minnesota soon.    I know there has been some concern about the entry form with regard to the Premises ID number.
THIS ITEM IS STRICTLY OPTIONAL, you do NOT need a premises ID to enter.   This was confirmed with the show secretary, Mary Ann Rademacher, and Duane Urch who is our APA district director.
Concerning the Wisconsin show itself, when the dust settled there were three Ameraucanas on champion row.   Geof Stevens, ABC member from Wisconsin took Champion AOSB on a black pullet and Reserve AOSB on a black cockerel.   In the bantams, Bob Walchak took Reserve AOCCL on a real nice white pullet.   Yours truly had reserve Ameraucana bantam on a blue pullet.   We only had two exhibitors of Ameraucanas in large fowl, and two more in bantams.   The turnout of Ameraucanas for our state meet was disappointing in terms of numbers of exhibitors.     The good news is that interest in the breed was very high, with a number of requests and orders for future delivery.    One of our junior ABC members informed me he took reserve champion bantam over all at state fair (Jr. show) on a blue wheaten cockerel I hatched in January.    It was a son of the blue-wheaten female used for my avatar on the left.    Hope to see MANY of you at Hutchinson.