Author Topic: 2008 APA Standards  (Read 3272 times)

Tailfeathers

2008 APA Standards
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new APA Standards Of Perfection?  I heard a new SOP book was supposed to come out this year?

I\'ve been holding off on getting one because I heard there was a new updated one being published this year. If it\'s out, does anyone know where I can get one?

God Bless,

Mike Gilbert

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
The last I heard (recently) it was not available yet.   Have you e-mailed the APA secretary - you would get a more direct and accurate answer from the APA who is publishing the book.

Tailfeathers

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »
Thanks Mike.  That\'s a great suggestion!  One might think it was an obvious 1st step but that just goes to show that I\'m not the brightest bulb in the socket.

God Bless,

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
I went on to the APA website, but no where could I find the standards.  No link to buy the book, no standards on the site at all.

I am confused.  Can anyone post a link to the right page?  I would love to read the Ameraucana standard as well as some other breeds.

Thanks!

Danielle in Utah

Mike Gilbert

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:18:57 AM »
Danielle,
If folks could read the standards on a website, the APA and ABA would not be able to sell many books, which is a major source of revenue for them.   You won\'t find the standard online.    You can e-mail the APA contact person, Sam Brush,  directly through the APA website, however.    Under the \"Welcome to the APA\" link select the \"Contact Us\" link.   I think Sam is pretty responsive to his messages as a general rule.

John

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »
link to buy the book

There are buttons across the page, near the top, with drop down menus.  Click on the \"Shopping Mall\" one.  Here is a direct link.  The 2001 Standard is the latest that I see available and costs $59.
http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_ShoppingMall3.htm

Mike Gilbert

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
The APA also offers a black and white version of the Standard for only $14 - again available at the Shopping Mall link that John listed above.   This is the 1998 text, but it does provide the Ameraucana standard descriptions.

Tailfeathers

2008 APA Standards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
Just thought I\'d let everybody know that I emailed Pat and asked her if a 2008 Edition was coming out.  Thought y\'all might want to know so she didn\'t get a bunch of emails asking the same thing.

She hasn\'t responded yet but I\'ll let y\'all know as soon as she does.

God Bless,