Author Topic: Hutchinson, MN show  (Read 2731 times)

faith valley

Hutchinson, MN show
« on: September 29, 2005, 10:12:28 PM »
We plan to attend the Hutchinson, MN show in a couple weeks. I noticed that it is a state meet for the Ameraucana club scheduled for Hutchinson.  Since we are new to the Ameraucana breed- just wondering what all the club does at the shows.  Will there be a breed table set up or a meeting, or anything like that?

~Patty~

Mike Gilbert

Hutchinson, MN show
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »
Patty,
I plan to be there as you know.   For a state meet we don\'t do anything special since there are few of us that would be showing.   The ABC, however, furnishes rosettes to the winners.    Perhaps those of us showing Ameraucanas could sit together at the banquet and discuss birds and topics of mutual interest.   I think you will find the Ameraucana folks to be among the friendliest you will find anywhere.   Mary and I will look forward to meeting you there.

Mike Gilbert

John

Hutchinson, MN show
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 06:16:11 PM »
Although I only attend two shows per year, I only remember club\'s setting up tables for their National meets and maybe some District meets.  I know that the only clubs that have requested tables for our Bay City show, here in Michigan, are the two that are having their Nationals with us and we are hosting 22 meets.

faith valley

Hutchinson, MN show
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:52:46 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  When I am at shows, I am usually working one of the youth tables- kept pretty busy and sometimes dont even get a chance to run around and look at the birds. LOL

The ABC only furnishes rosettes for the open show though right? I think Caleb has decided to show all of his Ameraucanas in jrs at the Hutchinson show he had thought to put one in open, but decided that he would just go with the junior show this time.

Mike, would love to attend the banquet but have been invited to visit my brother and his family that night.  Haven\'t see him and the kids for just over 5 years.  Perhaps we will be able to pick your brain during judging though. Certainly would love to \"see\" why one bird places over another. It is one thing to read the standard and in your head know what qualities you are looking for, but to actually see why, certainly makes all of the difference.

Caleb is very excited about his new silvers.  He has the pen bedded out and everything.  I had to draw the line to him putting feed and water in the cups already though.  Too funny = )
~Patty~