Author Topic: Anyone interested in trading roosters?  (Read 1859 times)

Anyone interested in trading roosters?
« on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:33 PM »
I have a trio of blue/black/splash kids.  They were born mid-May and the girls should just about be ready to start laying (if the boys chasing them is any indication!).

My cockerel is a black, the 2 girls are a blue and a splash.  They come from good lines (Paul Smith, originally), but they need some new blood.  I am concerned that these guys are too closely linebred for me to use the boy with these girls.

I have ordered some blue/black/splash from Paul for this spring (part of a group order), and my plan was to take a roo from that group and put him with this year\'s girls, and take my current roo, and put him with the spring pullets.

But alternatively, I thought that someone might be interested in a roo trade. The advantage to me is that I could start hatching chicks this spring instead of having to wait a year.

If you have any comments on my breeding plans or if you are possibly interested in trading roos (I don\'t care if the roo is black, blue or splash... but I prefer black or blue), please let me know.  I can post pics of him and his hatchmates so you can see what they look like if you are interested.