Author Topic: Spring Bulletin  (Read 2377 times)

Mike Gilbert

Spring Bulletin
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
Congratulations to Michael Muenks for producing another great quarterly newsletter.   And thanks to each and every club officer for taking the time to contribute.   For me it was especially gratifying to read the article about Jerry Segler by my old friend Don Cable.   With that sense of humor, I\'m sure most of you can understand why it was so easy for me to work with Don back when we were getting started.    One correction to Don\'s story - that first national meet at the Ohio National he mentioned was not late 1970\'s, it was our 1983 APA qualifying meet.    Michael was good enough to include the photo of those of us who were there as members.   I still see Dave Horman from time to time.   He had to leave the country and move into town after contracting \"pigeon lung disease\" quite a few years ago.  Otherwise I\'m sure Dave would still be raising Ameraucana bantams.    Dave\'s white bantam hen was the big winner at that 1983 show - but it was a bird I purchased from Wayne Meredith and gave to Dave only days before the show.  Dave had been raising whites, and obviously had a hen entered, but he decided to show this hen in place of one that he had.  Good move on his part.   Grand memories.   We have come a long, long way from those days, thanks to all the fine people we have running the club now.   My profound thanks to all of you.
Michael,  the list of membership renewals lists three SC regions, but none for NC or NE.   Could you let us know which numbers go with which districts so we can make the correction in our bulletins?    Thanks again for all you do.

John

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
Thanks again for all you do

Mike,
I haven\'t received my bulletin yet but want to also says thanks, Michael!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Spring Bulletin
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
Great job on the newsletter.
Paul Smith

Blue Egg Acres

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »
Thanks Michael, we are so fortunate to have you!