Author Topic: Coupla Pics to show ya  (Read 2860 times)

Birch Run Farm

Coupla Pics to show ya
« on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »
I have a few nice birds, all are real young but look very promising.

Splash pullet:

BW cockerel:

He looks a little better now than when that photo was taken.  His tail is about half grown in now.  I have two really pretty black pullets and need to get their pics to show you.  And hopfully my blue cock will molt soon and look like a real chicken!  Here is an older pic of him:

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:46:34 AM »
Wow! Beauteous! Every single one of them! You\'ve got to be excited about developing your lines with them! Congratulations  :D

Birch Run Farm

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »
Thanks!

A more recent pic of \'Magoo\', I thought about exhibiting him later this month in NY but I don\'t think his plumage will be complete by then.

My blue cock is a long way from being molted into a new suit so I don\'t have anything to show, maybe two of three of my black pullets.

Mike Gilbert

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
The blue wheaten cockerel is coming along very nicely.   Is he from your own breeding pens, or from someone else\'s flock?  The dark edging/lacing on the chest is great.  The splash pullet appears from the pic to have dark brown eye instead of reddish bay - unless the photo didn\'t do her justice.
I do like the type on the blue cock bird, even though he was not in the best of feather at the time.  His eye color looks fine too.  

Birch Run Farm

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
The BW is not from my breeding, he was the only to hatch from eggs I purchased.  I just picked up a pullet to go with him.  She\'s still growing and I\'ll get a photo of her to post soon.

The blue cock is supposedly Whitmore Farms, he was free.   I am not sure on his quality and am waiting for him to molt.

I\'ll have a closer look at the splash pullet\'s eye color in comparison to the others.

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
Birch Run Farm--The BW cockerel\'s lacing is INCREDIBLE!
From where did you get the eggs?

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »
Quote from: Birch Run Farm
The BW is not from my breeding, he was the only to hatch from eggs I purchased.  I just picked up a pullet to go with him.  She\'s still growing and I\'ll get a photo of her to post soon.

The blue cock is supposedly Whitmore Farms, he was free.   I am not sure on his quality and am waiting for him to molt.

I\'ll have a closer look at the splash pullet\'s eye color in comparison to the others.

Once you have the pullet to go with him, is there any chance of you selling fertile eggs? I\'m trying to start a good stock of BW\'s.

Birch Run Farm

Coupla Pics to show ya
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:30:37 AM »
I have obtained one pullet, not sure if she is BW or W.  And I am not sure if she is breeder quality.  She\'s too young at the moment but I will post pics of her soon.  Jean has a couple (or had) of pullets I would like but am short on funds at the moment.  

Depending on how the two I have look in the future, I may offer eggs.  It would not be until next year but I would really feel better about doing that if I was able to obtain two more girls.  

I too like how my cockerel is coming along, I am waiting for the new Standard to come out.  I don\'t have one and have no idea where any of my birds fit in the SQ to standardbred spectrum.

I plan to show him in January at the North Eastern Poultry Congress.  BTW- that venue is the ABA 2010 national so hopefully some of you will be coming out for it.