Author Topic: Virginia Poultry Breeders Association Show - thanks Mike and John!  (Read 3013 times)

Many thanks to Mike and John for their advice to my daughter in prepping her bantams for her first show yesterday!  In the junior show her wheaten pullet (below) won Champion AOCCL and her black pullet won Reserve Champion AOCCL, which was a real thrill for her.  She placed second in showmanship in a pretty big class with her other wheaten pullet.  She\'s really excited to hatch out her own wheaten/blue wheaten chicks in the spring to bring to next year\'s show.

As expected, hers were the only bantam Ameraucanas there and received a fair bit of attention.  There were several large fowl though, and a black LF won Reserve AOSB in the Open show.

John

Virginia Poultry Breeders Association Show - thanks Mike and John!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
Great photos!  The muffs on the wheaten look great and she shows a nice amount of black in her tail.  Congratulations and Great is the word for the day.

Beth C

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
Awww - way to go! Look at that pic - she looks SO happy!

Beth C

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
Btw, Lynne, where in VA are you? I\'m from just outside of Winchester (but across the line in WV) & my husband is from the tidewater area.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 02:17:50 PM »
Hi Beth,
We\'re just outside of Charlottesville.  I\'m not a native, but I do love it here (except for the horrible, humid, hot summers!).