Author Topic: Water in Winter  (Read 8086 times)

John

Water in Winter
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »
These save on work for me and David, plus once the birds are producing eggs for hatching I want water available to them all the time.
FYI...of the two birds closest to the waterer, one is a Buckeye and the other a Cheesehead.  Sorry, no Ameraucanas were available for this photo.

eliz

Water in Winter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 08:39:13 PM »
HI, John, what is a cheesehead????  BTW, last year i had a few combs that were frost bitten dark grey... I applied vit. E from capsules and after about a week they started turning red again. (The vit E. i used actually had selenium also).  eliz

John

Water in Winter
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
cheesehead????

It\'s just another nickname for a Wisconsinite.
Since a Buckeye is a breed of chicken and also a nickname for an Ohioan, I referred to the other chicken that came from Wisconsin as a Chessehead.  The breed is actually Chantecler.
It was my attempt at a \"little\" inside humor and knew that Mike would understand.

eliz

Water in Winter
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
Gotcha, Thanks,,,,eliz

Mike Gilbert

Water in Winter
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
Being a native Wisconsinite, I naturally assumed EVERYONE knows we are called cheeseheads.   Even our Packer fans wear cheese shaped/colored headgear at games.  When John called the bird a Cheesehead I knew it was one that came from here.

Beth C

Water in Winter
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
The \"Tarheel\" got it! ;) Come to think of it, my original stock came from Wayne, so I have some Cheeseheads running around here, too.