Author Topic: Club Points  (Read 18016 times)

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
For clarification- does this mean that to be a qualified show there must be 3 bantam exhibitors and 3 largefowl exhibitors for the open show to be considered qualified? Or does it mean 3 bantam open exhibitors or 3 large fowl open exhibitors to meet the minimum to qualify?

With 3 or more exhibitors in each Open Show class (bantam or large fowl)  –
Best of Breed.…………………….Rosette

Does this statement mean that the junior show need only 1 exhibitor to be considered a qualified junior show?

In Junior competition, regardless of the number of exhibitors of Ameraucana in a class (bantam or large fowl), a rosette is earned for Best of Breed.

So If I am understanding this correctly, the junior show could qualify for points but the open show might not qualify if only 1 open and 1 junior exhibited?

John

Club Points
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 09:48:06 AM »

does it mean 3 bantam open exhibitors or 3 large fowl open exhibitors to meet the minimum to qualify?

Yes, it is \"or\".
Does this statement mean that the junior show need only 1 exhibitor to be considered a qualified junior show?

Yes, to encourage youth to exhibit Ameraucanas...even those that aren\'t ABC members.

Mike Gilbert

Club Points
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
The devil seems to be in the details doesnt it?   It\'s kinda like the Good Book says in Ecclesiastes, \"A meaningless chasing after the wind.\"  

John

Club Points
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
We used to ask to have the top bantams judged against the top LF, but often times that was just not done at the shows.  I know as a former show superintendent that it can be easily overlooked as everyone gets busy and most breed clubs don\'t ask for it thier meet reports.  We still do it for our national meets, since there are special awards for champion over-all.

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
I know that at the shows that I attend, when I am filling out the show report forms, I always go to the judge with the form and ask which was best in juniors ( large or bantam) and which was best in Open.  The judge is always good to go take a look.  I think it gets overlooked because usually there is a different judge for large than bantam so they have to get together and decide.

So to clarify further.. what if there was 1 large fowl open exhibitor and 2 bantam open exhibitors?  Would that qualify? Or must there be 3 bantam exhibitors or 3 large fowl exhibitors for the show to qualify?

If we only need 1 junior exhbitor that would certainly encourage our juniors.  Any show they went to would qualify them for points... so long as it was a show that was granted a meet by the director of course.

If we can get our kids excited, those parents will come along to see their kids excell. I have always been a strong advocate of a youth program within a breed club.  It does build the club\'s numbers.  

Our club does need a youth program IMHO... has there been discussion on that in the past? Have we ever had a youth director?  What would be the process of bringing a motion to the board to discuss the adding of an official youth program? And secondly, if the youth program passed, what would be the process of putting a youth director possition on our next election docket?

John

Club Points
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
I always go to the judge

I don\'t feel it is appropriate for exhibitors to go directly to the judges.  The communication should always go thru the show superintendent.
3 bantam exhibitors or 3 large fowl exhibitors for the show to qualify?

Current policy as set by the Board of Directors allows for ABC meet awards at two tiers or levels for Open Show competition at club sanctioned meets.  
1.    With three or more exhibitors of Ameraucana in a class (bantam or large fowl) a rosette is earned for Best of Breed.

...not necessarily ABC members, but \"exhibitors\".
If we only need 1 junior exhibitor that would certainly encourage our juniors.

I think it\'s been that way for over two years and don\'t know of any increase.  I think a lot of kids are pushed (encouraged) into hobbies like this by parents and 4H type clubs.  Some of the parents try to live their lives thru thier children\'s hobby\'s and sports activities.  Those kids fall away from the fancy once they mature.  Not to say that they don\'t enjoy it while they are into it.  It\'s like my granddaughters going thru the \"I love horses\" phase.  It\'s just part of life.  
Many of the adult members that have joined this club start out gung ho and after a few years you never hear from them again.  And, that\'s alright too.  

bantamhill

Club Points
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »
I pulled this text from the meet request at the downloads section:

Champion Ameraucana Over-All in the JR Show….Rosette

With 3 or 4 Exhibitors in the Open Show we offer…

Champion & Reserve Ameraucana Over-All...……..Rosettes

Or with 5 or more Exhibitors in the Open Show we offer…

BB & RB Bantam and BB & RB Large Fowl.……….Rosettes

This is what I have been following when I send out rosettes. The Board cleaned up this language a few years ago to make it easier for rosettes to be earned. Yes, I am behind on the rosettes!

I am not sure what a \"qualifying meet\" is for the Ameraucana Breeders Club. The way we place meets, I think once a meet is place it is a qualified meet. Just my opinion.

I suggest keeping things as simple as possible. I would track information from ABC placed meets as listed in the Bulletin. I would only use official Show Club meet reports. For the Show Clubs that send in meet reports, none have been confused by the form and have reported all the requested information.

I suggest using the list in the Bulletin, because some Show Clubs take the perpetual meet placement philosophy if you place a meet with them once.

Michael

John

Club Points
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »

\"qualifying meet\"

I\'m interpreting it as having enough exhibitors at a meet for them to qualify for awards(?)

Cloverleaf Farm

Club Points
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
Quote from: bantamhill
I pulled this text from the meet request at the downloads section:

Champion Ameraucana Over-All in the JR Show….Rosette

With 3 or 4 Exhibitors in the Open Show we offer…

Champion & Reserve Ameraucana Over-All...……..Rosettes

Or with 5 or more Exhibitors in the Open Show we offer…

BB & RB Bantam and BB & RB Large Fowl.……….Rosettes

This is what I have been following when I send out rosettes. The Board cleaned up this language a few years ago to make it easier for rosettes to be earned. Yes, I am behind on the rosettes!

I am not sure what a \"qualifying meet\" is for the Ameraucana Breeders Club. The way we place meets, I think once a meet is place it is a qualified meet. Just my opinion.

I suggest keeping things as simple as possible. I would track information from ABC placed meets as listed in the Bulletin. I would only use official Show Club meet reports. For the Show Clubs that send in meet reports, none have been confused by the form and have reported all the requested information.

I suggest using the list in the Bulletin, because some Show Clubs take the perpetual meet placement philosophy if you place a meet with them once.

Michael

Michael, this is kind of off subject, but I was wondering how long after a show the Ch. and Res. Ch. Ameraucanas might expect to receive the rosettes??  My bantam roo took Ch. Am. at the Washington Feather Fanciers show in December, with three open exhibitors...I\'m wondering if it was an issue with the show report form, it was somewhat unorganized it seemed, and I had to go and tell them that they were supposed to have the judges choose Ch and Res Ch Ameraucana, they had no idea...  :(

Also, on this subject, now that it\'s somewhat clearer, the junior exhibitor they chose as Res. Ch. Ameraucana should have a rosette for Ch. Am. of junior show...  :/

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
\"qualified meets\"

I asked that question because some breed clubs place a meet at a show, but if there is not enough exhibitors or not enough birds from that club entered then the meet does not \"qualify\" for points, or awards for that matter.  I was questioning if our club went to a point system, what would be the criteria for awarding those points.  Would it be a minimum number of ameraucana exhibited in the show, or a mininum number of exhibitors showing ameraucana, or no minimums.

bantamhill

Club Points
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »
I am terribly behind on rosettes. It is so expensive to mail them that I try to coordinate with the bulletin if possible. In an ideal world shows in mid-April should have meet reports to me by May 15th and I would mail the February-April awards. That is just a shot in the dark at a time frame.

I probably try too hard on the rosettes. Instead of just mailing them, I fix up labels so folks have a record of what the ribbon was for.

I would keep the qualified meet piece really simple - a meet placed by the club. Someone might have a really nice bantam Ameraucana go Champion AOCCL and not get points.

Michael

Cloverleaf Farm

Club Points
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
Quote from: bantamhill
I am terribly behind on rosettes. It is so expensive to mail them that I try to coordinate with the bulletin if possible. In an ideal world shows in mid-April should have meet reports to me by May 15th and I would mail the February-April awards. That is just a shot in the dark at a time frame.

I probably try to hard on the rosettes. Instead of just mailing them, I fix up labels so folks have a record of what the ribbon was for.

I would keep the qualified meet piece really simple - a meet placed by the club. Someone might have a really nice bantam Ameraucana go Champion AOCCL and not get points.

Michael

Thanks Michael.  You\'re awesome!  Just wanted to make sure I didn\'t need to do something more on my end. :)  

I really like your thoughts on having the points awarded at any meet placed.  There are VERY few Ameraucana exhibitors out here, and if ONE of us opted out of a show it would affect the rest of us badly.  

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 11:07:28 PM »
Just wondering where we are at with a point system.  Is this still in the discussion stages or has a mock point system been written up?  Is the board in favor of this or was it voted down?

Patty

Cloverleaf Farm

Club Points
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
Quote from: faith valley
Just wondering where we are at with a point system.  Is this still in the discussion stages or has a mock point system been written up?  Is the board in favor of this or was it voted down?

Patty

I was just going to post something like this right now as well!! :)  I was hoping something would be up and running in time for fall shows.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Club Points
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
Well, to tell you the truth, I kind of dropped the ball on this one.  I had a bunch of other stuff come up like filing a grievance with the ABA and hatching season......

Patty, did you send me the point system information that the call duck club uses?  I can\'t find anything in my e-mails about it.

I will get the ball rolling again on this and we may take you up on being the point keeper for it.

Jean