Author Topic: Youth Membership  (Read 2801 times)

Youth Membership
« on: January 07, 2006, 07:27:20 PM »
Any day now I should be an official member...I dropped my letter and check in the mail on January 3rd before the P.O. opened. Hopefully sometime next week it will reach its destination. :rolleyes:

Question is, what am I getting for my membership? Are any youth activities yet planned? Do we get points at shows where the Ameraucana Breeders Club is not present? There\'s a small show in Rising Sun, MD coming up in March that I will take my Ameraucanas and Polish to. Only 500 birds, but one of the largest in MD (other than Frederick show, run by same person as the Rising Sun show). Delmarva show should be very large this year if there aren\'t any absurd Avian Flu fears.

John

Youth Membership
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 07:58:36 PM »
The membership package is in the mail and on it\'s way to MD.  As a new member you will get the 2005 ABC Handbook, Breeders Directory and 4 club Bulletins this year.  I also sent the last Bulletin from last year.
This club doesn\'t award \"points\".  We do offer rosettes at ABC meets.  BB and RB are offered to winners in the open shows and BB in the Junior shows.  The meet policy is outlined in the Handbook, but the rosettes for Jr\'s is a new idea that we are starting this year.  The details are in the Bulletin that I sent.
Try to make plans to attend the National meet this October here in Michigan.  We aways have many awards donated by our members for the National meets - both cash and trophies!
Welcome to the club,

Youth Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:28:19 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!
That was a fast mailing. It took me weeks to get information from other groups! Nice to see and active club.

Michigan is an expensive trip from here though. Do birds get sent through the mail to the show? I don\'t think driving to Michigan is feasible from Maryland. If I flew in the birds would have to be shipped in separately?

Ribbons are better than points anyway! The best local shows and fairs give out trophies and ribbons rather than just congratulations. They also have better attendence.