Author Topic: TN Lavender cuckoo project  (Read 15910 times)

HappyMtn

TN Lavender cuckoo project
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
Hi All!
A few of you know I have been playing around with lavender cuckoo (just for fun, because I can) and coming up with some crazy stuff- like the blue silver cuckoo that popped up. We also had a grey chipmunk chick hatch last week that is feathering in lavender. I am going to try and post a few pics, but last time it told me they were too big.
So far all of my females appear solid lavender. Only the males are showing any pattern, and it is excessively white.
As expected, the legs on the males are also much lighter, but not far off from my juvenile wheatens legs. The females have nice dark slate legs.

Nope didn\'t work- how do I make the pics smaller without permanently shrinking them?  

HappyMtn

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »
Try this again!

HappyMtn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
One more- if it will let me....this is so confusing.

HappyMtn

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
Ok...still working on this.

HappyMtn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:27:34 PM »
baby pic

John

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »
how do I make the pics smaller without permanently shrinking them?

I make a copy of the pic I want to post and give it a different name (save as).  I then open that photo in some software that I can edit it in (MicroSoft Office Picture Manager) and crop it as much as possible.  Then I resize it until it is just under 75kb, save it and post it.  You can add several to one post.
When we upgrade to a newer board/forum it will show a thumbnail or small photo in the post that will enlarge when clicked on...kuhl!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
Quote from: HappyMtn
Try this again!

The lighter one is that the one that was gray with chipmunk stripes?

HappyMtn

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »
No- that one was lav as a baby.
Ths lav chipmunk one is still a baby. I have a great pic but the forum says \"You cannot attach files of that type\".

I can email it to you if you want. Different than the blue silver cuckoo chick that I have growing out from the same eggs

Beth C

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
Amy, I have a free Photobucket account where I upload my pictures, then just image tag them in my post. Since the picture is actually stored on the Photobucket site and you\'re just linking to it, those things don\'t seem to matter. It\'s an extra step to upload them there and then link them, but it saves a lot of aggravation (not to mention space on my harddrive).

Lets you post a bigger picture.

HappyMtn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
maybe I was doing something wrong....

HappyMtn

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
Here is the older chipmunk that grew up to be blue silver w/cuckoo. She was a brown chipmnk though, not lav like the other.  

dixieland

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
Where is the cuckoo on her? I\'m still trying to learn some of these patterns, lol!!!
She sort of looks like a young silver, but not exactly.......
She is very pretty, and I\'m sure very silly and sweet like your other birds!!!!

HappyMtn

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
Quote from: dixieland
Where is the cuckoo on her? I\'m still trying to learn some of these patterns, lol!!!
She is very pretty, and I\'m sure very silly and sweet like your other birds!!!!

She is blue silver ( i am finding out that some lavenders can carry it, or it might be my Garner black, ro both)
But she also has cuckoo- you can see it on her back. I would say she is single barred, and a male might show the cuckoo more.

dixieland

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
Quote from: HappyMtn
Quote from: dixieland

She is blue silver ( i am finding out that some lavenders can carry it, or it might be my Garner black, ro both)
But she also has cuckoo- you can see it on her back. I would say she is single barred, and a male might show the cuckoo more.

I can definitely see it in that picture.... Thanks for explaining it!!!!!

HappyMtn

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
I have some updated pics. I like this little guy so much, I am finishing up sending out a couple sets of eggs and I am diving back into it. I am also getting some nice lavenders, blacks and splits in the meantime- so why not?