Author Topic: Flock reduction  (Read 2620 times)

Beth C

Flock reduction
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
Due to an upcoming surgery, I'm trying to get my numbers as low as possible, so I'm letting more birds go than I usually would this time of year. All are large fowl. I have started cockerels & pullets, (hatched between Jan-Mar) as well as a couple of last year's hens and a 2010 bw cock. Most are buffs, wheatens & blue wheatens. I also have a pair of white "sports" that popped up from my w/bw pen. I am not selling them as "whites" but they are available if anyone could use them for a project. They are 6 months old and the pullet just started to lay. All are priced to move.

I am offering them PICK-UP ONLY. Since there are no perfect birds (and if I ever get one, believe me, I won't be selling it ;) ) I would rather a buyer look them over in person and decide for themselves if they can work with them. Besides, shipping is hit or miss with current temps, and the nearest PO I feel comfortable shipping out of is an hour away, so I would need to add a $20 fuel charge to the roughly $50 postage.

Beth C

Re: Flock reduction
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
Not the greatest pics, but here are a few that are leaving:

John

Re: Flock reduction
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »
Very nice SLATE shanks/legs on those buffs :)