Author Topic: Wheaten or blue wheaten male wanted in BC  (Read 3063 times)

John

Wheaten or blue wheaten male wanted in BC
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Hi John,
First I would like to thank you for your informative website and ongoing work with the ameraucanas.  They are my personal favorite.

I am looking for a wheaten or blue wheaten ameraucana cockerel to put with my 2 wheaten hens.  Do you know of any reputable breeders in BC, Canada?  I got my 2 girls from Briarwood poultry on Vancouver Island (I'm in Kelowna) but would like to find a rooster from different lines.  My daughter is in 4H and really loves chickens, so would like to show some birds next year.

I appreciate and thank you in advance for any info.
Regards,
Melanie
Kelowna, BC
Please let me know if you have leads on this request and I'll pass them on to Melanie.

Mike Gilbert

Re: Wheaten or blue wheaten male wanted in BC
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
I found quite a few results by using my search engine for "Canadian Ameraucana."   Here is the first one that popped up:   http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com/wheaten-ameraucana.html .   Some of them mentioned getting chicks from you.   This site is the same place she got her birds from, but there must be others.

Update:  here is another site that has LF wheatens.  I believe the location is Saskatchewan.
http://hiddenriverranch.weebly.com/chickens.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:16:45 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Tailfeathers

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »
Depending on where Melanie is, I might be able to help her out.  Perhaps she's coming down for one of the shows here in WA?  Or maybe we could arrange something with one of the Canooks that come down here for them? 

I'm less than 2 hours from the border.

God Bless,

John

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Thanks for that; though I"m not able to travel far from Kelowna to pick up any birds, definitely not WA :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed that I find something closer.
Melanie

Tailfeathers

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:41:08 AM »
Has Melanie thought about eggs?

God Bless,