Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 5351 times)

Mike Gilbert

Announcement
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
Well, big news and sad news out of Wisconsin today.   Bob Walchak, winner of numerous awards with his
Ameraucana bantams, is dispersing his entire flock this fall.   Bob and Teresa have daughters-in-law from both Russia and China, and they plan to do some traveling.    Money needs to be saved, so the chickens have to go.   Ameraucana bantams in white and in black, perhaps a pair in brown reds available.   Bob will send a pair of whites and a pair of blacks to our National Meet in Great Falls, but he does not expect to attend.   He would like to have those birds presold, as they will be entered in the show under his name.  Bob also has some very nice Black Wyandotte bantam females and some Rhode Island Red bantams of both genders.  He has many more white and black Ameraucana bantams other than the ones going to Great Falls, all are this years hatch as his older birds have already gone to 4-H families in the area.  I know Bob's prices are very reasonable, and he does have some exceptional birds.   This is a great chance for fanciers to stock up on some of the top bloodlines in the country, and that means the planet as well.   You can generally reach him by phone at (608) 526-3871 weekends and after about 4 p.m. central time weekdays.  Do not call after 7:30 p.m. as he gets  up very early to commute to work.

John

Re: Announcement
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
What, no buffs? :(

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
Actually, there is one trio of 2012 buffs.   He had no fertility from them in 2013, but that may be due to the fact that Bob's breeders are inside his garage 24/7 and never get out to scratch on grass or see sunshine.  I had been debating about taking them myself, but right now I don't know where I would put them as my pens and cages are pretty full.  Nate Rynish of Wisconsin also has buffs available, as he is going off to college this fall and needs to cut way back.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
Well, darn it's too late for me to call him now.  I would really like to get a trio of blacks and I bet Christina would like some brown reds.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »
I know Bob cannot ship because of his work schedule.  But if anyone needs shipping I will be happy to ship for him - but the buyer would need to furnish the container.   

John

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:35 PM »
I would like any buffs Bob has and like to here a price for what Nate has. 

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »
I'm still looking for the "endangered" blue wheaten bantam.................

Does Bob have blue too?
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
I would like any buffs Bob has and like to here a price for what Nate has.

Nate has three males and four females, and was asking $15 each for all except the third rooster, which was less.   His email is Rynishpoultry@yahoo.com .

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
I'm still looking for the "endangered" blue wheaten bantam.................

Does Bob have blue too?

Bob has no wheatens, blue wheatens, or blues.  Only white, black, brown red, and buff.

John

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
Bob still has a few trios of young bantam whites for sale according to Mike.  I can deliver them to the Fowl Fest , in Michigan, if you are interested.  The delivered price is $45 per trio and part of that will help pay to put gas into my truck.  If interested, please let me know very soon and you can pay via PayPal or check.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 03:03:54 PM »
I talked to Bob yesterday, and there are very few birds left that are not already promised.  What is left are just a few white bantams.   They will go soon, so if you have been thinking about it call Bob soon.  His number is (608) 526-3871.  Do not call after 7:30 p.m.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »

Bob's Ameraucana bantams are all sold.  All he has left is a very few S.C. Rhode Island Red bantams, and even a few of those are promised.    In the ABC district meet at Great Falls, Montana, Bob had BB on a white cockerel and RB on a black cockerel.   In the other show, our national meet, he had RB on a brown red cockerel which now resides at Red Stag Acres.  He really had some outstanding Ameraucana bantams, and we will miss him at the shows.   

John

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:55 PM »
I bought Bob's last quad of bantam whites just to sell at the Fowl Fest.  They will be in the sale area.