Author Topic: Sale Birds at National Meet  (Read 2755 times)

Mike Gilbert

Sale Birds at National Meet
« on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »

Won't have a lot to spare this year, but I will have a wheaten bantam pullet in the show for sale, and a brown red bantam cockerel that is not entered.  Both are decent birds.

Bear River Farm

Re: Sale Birds at National Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Hi Mike.  We are new to ABC.  We are coming to nationals to show our birds and pick up some others.  We would be interested in the bantam wheaten pullet if she is available.  My youngest son would like to use her for showing and maybe showmanship.  Our small bantam Ameraucana flock is mostly spoken for by his older brother so he wants something of his own. :)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
Sounds like a noble cause.   Do you have a bantam wheaten or blue wheaten male to go with the pullet?
I ask, because I don't have a spare.   We can talk about this at the show.

Bear River Farm

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »
We have not found a male yet.  We will remain on the lookout.  This variety seems very hard to find but we have to start somewhere.  Our youngest son is very excited to be getting his OWN chicken.  Our oldest son is bringing some young birds he got as chicks from John Blehm to show in MT.  We are very excited to meet everyone at the show.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 06:12:57 AM »
Looking forward to meeting you.   John and I will be traveling together, thanks to his generosity.