Author Topic: Michigan State Meet at the Fall Fowl Fest  (Read 6467 times)

Schroeder

Michigan State Meet at the Fall Fowl Fest
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:35 AM »
The ABC will conduct our 2014 Michigan State Meet as part of the Michigan Poultry Fanciers fall show:

Fall Fowl Fest

Birch Run, MI

October 11-12, 2014

For additional information, contact the show secretary, Matt Boench, mjwaterfowl@charter.net, or go to their website http://fowlfest.org/

Last year's show included more than 1,500 birds shown by 136 exhibitors.  It is a fine show located near a huge outlet mall, and close to the resort community of Frankenmuth.

This is John Blehm's home base.  John is one of the founders of the ABC and our club Secretary.  He has a wealth of knowledge and always is willing to spend time with our members discussing Ameraucanas.  Don't miss this opportunity to meet John and participate in a great show.

John

Re: Michigan State Meet at the Fall Fowl Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:26 PM »
The online Show Catalog and Entry Form are now on the Fowl Fest site.
Hope to see you here (there if you're not here).

John is one of the founders of the ABC
I wish I were, but I was a Johnny come lately and missed out on being a charter member.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:12:02 PM by John Blehm »

Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
OK, I stand corrected but would vote for you as an honorary charter member

Russ

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
Hey what about the chance to meet some other  cool members there also  8) and we can not forget about the world famous BLT @ tonys, please do not try and eat the whole thing in one setting   :-[ it CAN be done lol

John

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »
Russ, Duane, guys and gals,

I'll be at the Fowl Fest.  How about you? 

Schroeder

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
John:
I won't be able to make it this year.  Apart from the logistics of travelling to shows 2 weeks in a row (after Lucasville), Susan and I are hosting a reunion of my 8th grade St. Andrews class of 1968.  Can you believe about half of our class of about 30 students still get together?  I will say that the Fall Fowl Fest is one of my favorites and I hope to get there again next year.
Duane

John

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
John:
I won't be able to make it this year.
I figured with Lucasville the week before Fowl Fest you may not make it this time.  8th grade in 1968...It wasn't St. Andrews for me, but I remember it...well some of it. ;)
Have a great time!

Russ

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
The family and I will also be there. I think it is a hard toss up with the family.....poultry show or Zehnders. Who am i kidding hard to compete with an indoor water park  ;D. Oh when I say family I mean children, my dear wife loves the mega outlet mall hands down. Highly doubt we will see her much on Saturday  :-\ but who am I to judge chickens to me is like shopping to her hehe.

Russ

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »
Hey John what are the chances you might have an extra Lavender Bantam cockerel I might be able to purchase at Fowl Fest? I do not need show quality just something to test mate some Lav/Black split pullets. Last winter I lost my Cock and after my back surgery I was forced to downsize so unfortunately he was the only one I had. All my split cockerels had silver leakage and who knows if they carry lav? Just trying to save some time building my lavender flock up again  ::)

John

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
I got rid of any extras a while ago, but should be able to part with one for you. ;)

John

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
There were 882 birds entered in the show.  Judges were Paul Gilroy and Gary Overton, but I don't know who judged the Ameraucanas yet.  They did a separate Jr show this year :(, so they could be released today making that a one day show.  There was a Jr LF entered as a wheaten, but it wasn't an Ameraucana.  One bantam in the Jr show was a blue (BV/BB) by Robert Blair.
Jerry Segler's LF black pullet will be on Champion Row in the morning...Champion AOSB! ;)
The weather was nice with lots of sunshine and there were many poultry friends to talk with.

Russ

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 05:25:20 PM »
Well the birds are home and back in the pens. I just want to take a minute and send a congrats to Jerry. This was an awesome show with a bunch of awesome people. It was good to talk to some of the legends Jerry, Jeanne, James and John. I strongly recommend if you have never had the opportunity to attend this show make plans for it next year. It is filled with some of the nicest people a person can meet, not to mention all the extra sights you can see. The falls colors were really starting to pop which made for a wonderful drive home. The only problem I had was all the birds in the sale area. I think my wife is regretting leaving the children and I unattended Saturday, seeing how a trio of White Bantam Cornish, pair of Grey Call Ducks and a Bantam Lavender Ameraucana ended up in our trailor  ;D. Thanks again John for bailing me out  ;)

John

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »
I just want to take a minute and send a congrats to Jerry.
And the other Ameraucana BB RB wins were divided between your daughter, Marina, and you. ;)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
Congratulations to Russ and to Jerry!    I could be wrong, but I don't remember Jerry winning a Best of Class before, but please correct me if that is not right.   Anyway, nice going you two!

Russ

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »
Yeah all she talked about was how her black bantam almost beat my blue  ;D. I was starting to get nervous when he was putting them side by side and double checking them two or three times. All I could think of is how are we going to fit her big head into the car ??? As always the whole family had a blast, and we got a free pass on the extras we brought home.......seems my wife brought home a few extras from the big  outlet mall across from fowl fest  :-\