Author Topic: The Ohio National - Meet Report - Nov 7-9, 2014  (Read 4948 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
The Ohio National - Meet Report - Nov 7-9, 2014
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »
In the Open Class at the Ohio National, there were a total of 84 Ameraucanas shown...56 LF by 12 exhibitors with 8 different varieties being represented and 28 bantams shown by 6 exhibitors, also displaying 8 different varieties. A BIG congratulations goes to Jerry DeSmidt for winning the BB and Champion AOSB in the LF with his beautiful white cockerel, and also winning BB with his blue wheaten bantam cockerel and RB with his wheaten bantam pullet. Congratulations also to Camille Lewandowski for her RB and Res AOSB win with her black LF hen.

Wins in the Open Class include:
LF BVs...black, Camille Lewandowski - blue, Camille Lewandowski - blue wheaten, Jerry DeSmidt - brown red, Mike Gilbert - wheaten, Jerry DeSmidt - white, Jerry DeSmidt - splash, Janis Orndorf - lavender, Jennifer Louden

Bantam BVs...black, Jerry DeSmidt - blue, Jerry DeSmidt - blue wheaten, Jerry DeSmidt - buff, George Heitger - silver, Susie Everse - wheaten, Jerry DeSmidt - white, Jerry DeSmidt - lavender, Paul Danafaye

Wins in the Junior Class include:
LF BVs...black, Lillian Cooper - blue, Keesha Ivins - brown red, Tommy McComis - Silver, Jillian Salmon - splash, Keesha Ivins - lavender, Colton Brush

Bantam BVs...lavender, Sadie Evans

I'm going through pictures now and will be posting them soon. The lighting was not the best and birds did not want to cooperate so I will post what I have that is useable. 

Open LF... Scroll down for more pictures

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:11:56 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

Re: The Ohio National - Meet Report - Nov 7-9, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »
Thanks Sharon.   Guess our paths did not cross at Columbus, hope you had as good a time as I did.  Jerry continues to rack up an impressive show record.   I congratulated him in person at the show. 

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
I wasn't able to stay long, but did have a nice time while I was there. I was able to meet (for the first time) one of our junior members, Keesha Ivins, and enjoyed visiting with her (pictured below). It's always fun meeting ABC members at the shows. Keesha is holding a blue pullet she had bought from Paul as a baby chick. The pullet was giving me a very hard time trying to get a good picture of her because she was such a pet and every time I opened the door, she wanted to come out. I finally did get a decent picture of her with Keesha's help, though. Her splash pullet (hatch mate to the blue) was very nice, too. The judge had even marked it RB. I went to him with my concerns of him awarding a non-recognized variety with a RB. He stated that as long as it was not awarded a BB (so it couldn't go any further up the ladder) that it was okay. Instead of arguing, I just asked him to please choose a 3rd place, which was Lillian Cooper's black cockerel. 

Jerry did do very well there. He even won two drawings for a couple of nice wooden trucks. He and Jake are always a blast to be around.
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Keesha Ivins

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
It was nice meeting you too. I don't tend to run into many people at shows, so it was nice to talk to someone that was from the club. That Pullet was quite a "hassle" at the show. She gave another lady a hard time with pictures too since she has a very pet like quality to her. I wish I could say the same about some of my others. I am glad the RB situation got sorted out.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
Your blue pullet was really not a hassle. I thought it was kind of funny, really.  I'm used to dealing with that kind of behavior because many of mine act the same way. Pets!   ::)  Your splash was very nice and its a shame should couldn't keep the RB title cause she had the body and was conditioned to win it. But, you know, rules are rules. What are you gonna do? Uh...get the splashes recognized!!! We're trying  :)
Sharon Yorks

Keesha Ivins

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
She is very friendly to say the least! The splash situation was a shame, but I don't want one of my birds to be awarded something they tecihnically shouldn't.  I am glad it was all worked out. I am eager to get splashes accepted. They are very fun to take to shows, because of peoples reactions. Hopefully soon one day one will be able to make it to champion row.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:36:41 PM »
Here are some Open Bantam pictures...
Sharon Yorks

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:36 PM »
More Open Bantams...
Sharon Yorks

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 12:14:08 AM »
Junior LF & Bantam...
Sharon Yorks