Author Topic: Michigan State Meet 2015  (Read 4377 times)

Schroeder

Michigan State Meet 2015
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
This year's Michigan State Meet will be conducted as part of the Fall Fowl Fest in Birch Run, Michigan on October 10-11.

This is a show you don't want to miss.  Nearly 1000 birds are shown each year.  Birch Run is a charming community, and located close to the outlet malls in Frankenmuth (as well as a couple of the best restaurants anywhere featuring fried chicken).

For additional information, contact the show secretary, Matt Boench, mjwaterfowl@charter.net, or go to their website http://fowlfest.org/

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan State Meet 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
(as well as a couple of the best restaurants anywhere featuring fried chicken).

Duane, Is this a termination meet? Years ago at the 4H show at Aksarben in Omaha they held a termination show where the top winners were sold at auction to various Steak Houses. The big 4H winners would receive 70-80 thousand dollars for their animal. The highest winning bid steak house would advertise you could go eat the award winning steaks at their place. The entrants had no choice, they knew going in that their entries would come out steaks. Is this true with poultry also? 

Just kidding, but this would put a different perspective on showing!
Gordon Gilliam

Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:49 PM »
Hey, John.  Sounds like  good idea to me, as long as it is not my entry!

John

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »
Gordan,

The "World Famous Family-Style Chicken Dinners" are served a few miles down the road in http://www.frankenmuth.org/.  The Bavarian Inn and Zehnder's are on opposite sides of the street and owned by cousins...so it is friendly competition.   Both Frankenmuth and Birch Run (has the outlet mall) are very popular tourist destinations, with Birch Run just off I-75.
Often groups get together at one of the "chicken" restaurants after a day at the "chicken" show.  You just don't hear about folks from the dog and cat shows fellowshipping in a similar manner. :o

Russ

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »
You plan on making it this year Duane? I look forward to this show this will be the 6th year I attended and 3rd year I have entered. I always look forward to talk chickens with all the fanciers that attend this show.

Schroeder

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
I wish I could, but I have a business trip that week and won't be home in time to make it.  I'm considering setting our District Meet the following weekend at the Central Indiana Poultry Show in Lebanon, but wish it wasn't so close to the date of the Fall Fowl Fest.
Duane