Author Topic: Nominations for ABC officers  (Read 4671 times)

John

Nominations for ABC officers
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:51:24 PM »
Members know from the current Ameraucana Bulletin that nominations are being accepted for club officers.  The current terms end on December 31st and elections are held every two years.  The ballot will be in the next quarterly Bulletin and the results posted in the last Bulletin of the year.
Mike Gilbert has announced he will not run for President and I have announced that I will not run for Secretary/Treasurer (our present offices).

Larry Clionsky, our current NE Director, and Rob Sando are running for that position.

Barbara Campbell in running for SE Director.

Paul Smith, our current SC Director, is running for that office.

Michael Muenks has accepted a nomination for Secretary/Treasurer.

Koralyn Kibbee, our Western District Director, will run if needed and continue to help the club in any way she can but is allowing other members in that district to be nominated.
As of today we don\'t have anyone running for President, Western DD or NC DD.
There isn\'t a hurry, since nominations don\'t close until August 20th but why wait?
 :o

John

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
Lisa Cree has accepted a nomination for Western District Director.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 01:07:35 AM »
John,
  I would like to personally invite Paul Smith to reconsider, and accept the nomination for club President.  Will you please be kind enought to convey that request to him.  I\'m sure that there are many people out there who will be most happy to second that nomination.

Regards

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 06:35:13 AM »
If Paul would concider President I would second the nomination.
Jerry

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
In the event that Mr Smith runs for President, I would appreciate to opportunity to drop my name in the hat for SC Director. Thank You, Greg Slayton

John

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »
Mr Smith runs for President

As Angela knows I have asked Paul to accept a nomination for President, but he declined so I left it at that.  I wouldn\'t have asked if I didn\'t also think he would do a good job.  Paul also is a member of this Forum so Im sure he knows you (as in you all) support him.

Jerry DeSmidt has accepted a nomination for NC District Director.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 02:02:27 PM »
Hi Angela,
  I appreciate your and others endorsement for President of the ABC.  Unfortunately, I have too much to do to be able to do a good job for the club.  Also, Angela does all our computer work, and I can not neither ask nor expect her to do all the extra that would go with the office.  I\'ve e-mailed John B. that I would accept nomination for SC district director, but not President.
  I have decided to cut our flock way back due to the amount of time required to properly maintain it.  We are going to continue to breed and raise chicks-just not as many per hatching season.  Normally we hatch over 1,000 per year and sell over half of them at a day old.  Planning on only hatching 3 to 4 hundred in 2007.
Paul Smith

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 07:04:55 AM »
I have been told that if nominated Michael Muenks  would accept nomination for president and Angela Stanley the nomination for sec/tres...  since i\'m not a paid member I can\'t nominate them.  

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »
Yeah,
  Michael and I have been discussing it.  Michael would be wonderful as President.  Just a really great guy.  He also agreed to help me as secretary, so I agreed to run on a \"joint\" ticket with him.  That would bring both positions to Missouri (centrally located), and allow us to work closely together without to much of a problem.
  We would have some enormous shoes to fill, but we would be willing to give it a try.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 12:14:25 PM »
I think you both would do an awesome job! You are both very helpful and personable, and would be an excellant assest to the club, as well as help new breeders to learn the ropes!!

John

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 08:22:27 AM »
I will accept the nomination for President.
John Blehm

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »
Fabulous!

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »
Michael and I respectfully decline the nomination.
  Since John has graciously stepped forward, and agreed to run for the office of President, it just doesn\'t get much better.  Michael will make a wonderful Secretary/Treasurer, and I can go back to sleep.

Angela