Author Topic: MD State Meet  (Read 4663 times)

MD State Meet
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »
Hi Folks!

The MD State Poultry Fancier\'s Show is November 4th & 5th in Frederick, MD.

I am putting together a table for the Ameraucana Breeders Club to promote the breed and sign up new members.  This is what I am thinking so far.  Please let me know if you have any ideas or if I should do this differently.

-  Banner or sign (do we have one?  if not, I can get one printed up locally with the logo, can someone email me the logo?)

-  Egg contest (send me your 6 best eggs!)  It will really catch people\'s attention and help me sign up new members.  Mike sent me the official ABC egg contest rules.  I plan to solicit one of the show judges to judge the eggs for us.  There are 4 classes:  LF Hen, LF pullet, Bantam Hens, & Bantam pullets.  Send eggs to the address below no later than November 2nd.

-  Membership drive.  I will print out the membership application from the ABC website and make those available.

-  Breeders directory.  I\'m sure once people see all the wonderful eggs you all send to me, folks are going to want to know where they can buy chicks.  Is the breeders directory on the ABC current?  Or, should I refer people to the breeders directory on the MSN ABC Sharing Place?

-   I will also encourage people to sign up for the ABC Sharing Place for information on Ameraucanas.

Hope everyone is doing fine.  Email me with your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks!

Will

William Morrow
10720 Dern Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
202-270-4137
www.whitmorefarm.com

Mike Gilbert

MD State Meet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »
Will,
I\'m not getting many eggs right now, but if I can put together six that are fairly similar in size and shape I\'ll send an entry.   With regard to the Breeders Directory, I believe the one on this site is the most up to date.   I have tried to change or elilminate my old listing on the MSN site to no avail.   So I suspect others have had the same problem.   Good luck with the egg contest, and I hope others decide to ship some eggs to you as well.   In any case, thanks for your enthusiastic support;  it is very much appreciated.

Mike G.

John

MD State Meet
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
Is the breeders directory on the ABC current?

There is a revision date on the Breeders Directory page to let everyone know when it was last updated.  I updated it just last week.
With the next Bulletin every member will receive a membership form that also is a submission form for the Breeders Directory.  After the first of the year we will remove all the listings from members that haven\'t supplied any updates to the Directory in over a year.  Also anyone that isn\'t a paid member by the first year will be removed from the list.  I go thru this process every year, so this is my plea for all members to keep their dues current and not wait until sometime in the first quarter of next year to pay your dues.  

Blue Egg Acres

MD State Meet
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:39:10 PM »
Quote from: Will
-  Membership drive.  I will print out the membership application from the ABC website and make those available.

Will , you may already be aware of the informational flyer download that is available at ameraucana.org. It is a tri-fold flyer and is designed to print the membership form on the backside.

bantamhill

MD State Meet
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »
Will,

Is there an entry fee for the egg contest. I have a few birds laying and may be able to send eggs.

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
MD State Meet
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »
A couple of my new pullets are laying very nice blue eggs and a couple of my hens are also.

I will try to get some eggs together to send.

Jean :)
Jean

MD State Meet
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
Hi, Will!

What a great idea! Our girls too have slowed down here, but I\'d love to hear about the ABC egg contest and how it comes together. Please keep us informed.

Mike, I too would love to have the contest rules. I thought about you as I judged an egg competition at a county fair last year and felt a little like I was winging it!    :)

It sounds like egg entries for the MD show don\'t have a deadline like bird entries. They just need to arrive a couple days before competition. Is that the same for other previous egg contests?

I wish we could attend the show Will. It sounds like a fun one!

Warmest regards,
Lisa and Gary Cree
creefarm@peoplepc.com
http://creefarm.fateback.com

MD State Meet
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 05:36:40 PM »
Just a reminder, it\'s not to late to enter eggs for the MD State Meet egg contest.  Mail to the address below along with all your contact information that will be displayed with your eggs.  Please specify which class you are entering:  LF pullet, LF hen, Bantam pullet, Bantam hen.  You must enter 6 eggs.  There is no entry fee.

If you live in the mid-Atlantic and want to bring the eggs in person and see the show, it is at the Frederick Fair Grounds, in Frederick, MD.  I will have an ABC booth/display set up.

Thanks!

Will

William Morrow
Whitmore Farm
10720 Dern Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
www.whitmorefarm.com

Mike Gilbert

MD State Meet
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 08:03:34 PM »
Hi Will,
I sent two entries today via priority mail.   One is entered as large fowl brown red pullet eggs, but the pullets are actually 1/2 bantam so are on the small side.   The other is from various bantam pullets.    Good luck with the contest - hope you get a lot of entries.

Mike
October 31st, 2006

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
MD State Meet
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 11:47:36 AM »
Sorry to say, but I do not have enough eggs to send.  We have had very cold weather the last three days (in the teens) and the girls have not been producing like I had expected.

Jean :(
Jean