Author Topic: The South-Central District Meet  (Read 5345 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
The South-Central District Meet
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:28:17 AM »
 The Southern Missouri Poultry Club in Sedalia, Missouri will be hosting our district meet on Oct. 13.  Entries close Oct. 1.  I hope many Ameraucana breeders will show this year!  Angela and I will be stopping at Sedalia on our way home from the Great Fall Montana national meet.  We will get photos of the class winners at both shows to post on the forums for those to see that didn\'t get to see them at the shows.
  Anyone who needs some breeder or layer Ameraucanas delivered to the Great Falls or Sedalia Shows or along the way
( I-35 N to Salina, I-70 W to Denver, I-25 N to Buffalo, I-90 W to Billings, 87 N to Great Falls - 87 S to Billings, I-90 E to Sioux Falls, I-29 S to Kansas City, 50 E to Sedalia, 65 S to Springfield, I-44 W to Tulsa, 75 S to Sherman, 82 W to Gainesville) needs to contact us at: sw_psmith@swmail.net .  We have some of the best black cockerels that we have ever had.  Matthew won Jr. champion Large Fowl and Angela and I won champion AOSB at our local Red River Bantam Club Show last Saturday with black cockerels.  Our blue wheaten pullet won reserve AOSB.  Our breeder quality birds are for sale at less than what the PO would charge to ship them express mail live rate.  Hope to see you at the shows.
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »
Congratulations on those wins Paul & Angela & Matthew!
Nice job.   It sounds like the snapping turtles didn\'t get all the good ones.    Sorry to miss those meets this year, but my back will not be well enough to travel.  I\'m sending a few bantams to Great Falls with Bob Walchak though.   I\'ll be there in spirit if not in body.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:15:55 AM »
Thanks Mike.
We will miss seeing you and Mary.
You are in our prayers.
Paul Smith

Anne Foley

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »
Hello Paul,  The Foleys in Indiana will be coming to Sedalia Oct. 13.  We are going to bring a couple black Ameraucana pullets and a few other things.  Looking forward to seeing you.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:27:41 PM »
Hi Anne,
  We are glad that you and your family are going to get to come to Sedalia.  We look forward to visiting and showing with you.
Paul Smith

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »
I had a great time at the South-Central District Meet hosted by the Southern Missouri Poultry Club.  It was wonderful to finally meet everyone from this area.

I especially enjoyed seeing Paul and Angela\'s black cockerel up on Champion row as Best AOSB.  Congratulations on a beautiful bird!!!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:55 AM »
The South-Central district meet was held at the Southern Missouri Poultry Club Show in Sedalia, Missouri on Oct. 13.  This was the largest number of Ameraucanas and most members showed since I have been district director.  Nine bantams were shown by three exhibitors and 48 large fowl by four exhibitors.  Unfortunately no juniors showed this time.

In the bantams,
Michael Muenks, had the BV Black on a hen and the RV Brown-Red and BV Buff on cocks.
Chris Link had the BV and RV wheaten and whites with hens except the RV white was a cock.  Wes Wyche had the BV black gold on a cock.  Chris Link had the BB on a wheaten hen which also won reserve AOCCL and reserve Ameraucana.  Chris also had the RB on his white hen.

In the Large Fowl,
Paul & Angela Smith, had the BV and RV in black, blue and blue wheaten with cockerels except the BV blue wheaten was a pullet.  Michael Muenks had the BV buff on a pullet and RV buff on a hen.  The BV silver on a hen and RV silver on a cock and the BV wheaten on a hen.  Paul & Angela had the RV wheaten on a pullet.  Wesley Wyche had the BV white on a cock and RV white on a hen.  Paul & Angela Smith had the BV AOV on a Splash-Blue pullet.  The BB, Champion Ameraucana and champion AOSB was the same black cockerel that won the National meet the previous week-end by Paul & Angela Smith.  Paul & Angela\'s blue wheaten pullet was RB.
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
        Bantam Show South-Central District Meet

Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 11:14:04 AM »
South-Central District Meet Large Fowl Show
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
South-Central District Meet Large Fowl
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »

Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »
Paul, thanks again for the pictures.   And congratulations for another big win on your outstanding black cockerel.  I really like your wheaten and blue wheaten females too.  It looks like there were some very nice birds shown at your district meet, and a win always means a lot more against stiff competition.  Keep up the good work.   Congratulations to all the other winners as well.  And that means all who showed!