Author Topic: Ameraucana pix  (Read 2952 times)

Ameraucana pix
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »

Hi all,

I have some new Ameraucana pix I\'d love for you to look at and critique, for me.  As always I can\'t ever get them small enough that this board will allow upload, yet still big enough to see anything, so I put them on the ABC Shareing Place.

Here\'s a link:
http://groups.msn.com/ABCShareingPlace/blueblacksplash.msnw

I do have a black pullet too but wasn\'t able to get a good enough pic of her.  I\'ll put one up as soon as I do.

Thanks in advance,

Liz in Utah

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
Hi Liz,

Very nicebirds,  I especially like your blue rooster.  The splash is nice also,  although the blue just has something that says \"look at me\".  

The blue pullet is also quite correct,  maybe I\'d like to see a little lightening in her feathers.  But regardless, she is pretty!

Did you breed these yourself?  Were these bought birds?  

Great job.. please note, I am fairly newcomer to the breed, but I like what I saw!  This is just my opinion.  ...
Barb and Paul Ambuhl
Star Studio Ranch
check out our \"in progress\" website:  www.freewebs.com/tinkersagain2

We live in Texas...25 miles northeast of San Antonio

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
Hi, thanks so much for looking, and for the compliments!  We didn\'t breed them, we purchased the eggs and hatched them out.  The line originally came from Paul Smith, I believe, down there in Tex.

I finally managed to get a...sorta okay...pic of the black pullet, so she\'s on the ABC Shareing Place site now too.  http://groups.msn.com/ABCShareingPlace/blueblacksplash.msnw

I hope you like her, too.  Biggest beard I\'ve ever seen on a girl, lol...

Thanks again,

Liz in Utah

Quote from: Tinkers
Hi Liz,

Very nicebirds,  I especially like your blue rooster.  The splash is nice also,  although the blue just has something that says \"look at me\".  

The blue pullet is also quite correct,  maybe I\'d like to see a little lightening in her feathers.  But regardless, she is pretty!

Did you breed these yourself?  Were these bought birds?  

Great job.. please note, I am fairly newcomer to the breed, but I like what I saw!  This is just my opinion.  ...
Barb and Paul Ambuhl
Star Studio Ranch
check out our \"in progress\" website:  www.freewebs.com/tinkersagain2

We live in Texas...25 miles northeast of San Antonio

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:04:52 AM »
Great birds, really like the blue male. They are in very nice condition.

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »
WOW..that is the biggest beard I have ever saw also!!  It is also that her beard extends \"into\" her muffs, which are nice also!

Barb

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:47:23 AM »
Quote from: jsimon
Great birds, really like the blue male. They are in very nice condition.

Thank you very much :)  We let them free range, so they don\'t get broken feathers or whatever.  These 4 all hatched in May, if I remember right.

Thanks again,

Liz in Utah

Ameraucana pix
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
Quote from: Tinkers
WOW..that is the biggest beard I have ever saw also!!  It is also that her beard extends \"into\" her muffs, which are nice also!

Barb

Thanks again.  Maybe we should call her \"Blackbeard\", the Pirate...lol...she seriously looks like a Harley biker, or a mountain man. :)

Thanks!

Liz in Utah