Author Topic: Earl Jones  (Read 2299 times)

John

Earl Jones
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »
CLAY CONTACTED ME:  THEY FOUND EARL JONES TODAY DECEASED.  WHEN I GET MORE INFORMATION I PASS IT ON.

KIM ALDRICH

Mike Gilbert

Earl Jones
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
Earl Jones was a respected judge.   We used him a number of different years at the Badger Poultry Club show which is held every June in Richland Center, Wisconsin.    I know he was a friend of the Ameraucana breed, as he once placed one of my buff bantams as reserve champion bantam of show.   He was not that old, so I\'m surprised - shocked really.

John

Earl Jones
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
FYI, Earl was an APA/ABA licensed judge from Caro, Michigan.  He had cancer that I heard was in remission.  There may have been other health problems too.
Earl bought LF buff Ameraucanas from me many years ago and was an ABC member.
When we had one of our national meets at Columbus I passed Earl and his late friend Dick Ross between the show building and sale building...where we had our Ameraucana Central.  Earl had a buff laced Polish cock with him and mentioned something about breeding it with his buff Ameraucanas.  I thought he was kidding, but he explained that it would help the leg color on the buff Ameraucanas.  I went in the building and bought one too to do the same thing.  It worked.
We weren\'t great close friends, but good friends in the fancy for two or three decades.

John

Earl Jones
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »
From Kim Smith...

Born: June 23, 1946
Died: March 13, 2010

Send Flowers to the Family

Offer a Condolence or Memory

Personalize Your Tribute

Visitation

Thursday, March 18, 2010
3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reigle Funeral Home

Funeral Service

Friday, March 19, 2010
1 p.m.
Reigle Funeral Home
Personalize Your Tribute
Create a personal memorial to celebrate their legacy and preserve your memories for generations to come.

More

Earl Jones

JONES, Earl W. (Butch) – Age 63, of Caro, died Saturday, March 13, 2010 in Caro, MI. Butch was born June 23, 1946 in Flint the son of Earl and Betty Jones. He graduated from Ainsworth High School. Butch attended Mott Community College and DuPage Horticultural School. He was happiest working with plants and volunteered at Dow Gardens in Midland. Also he was a Poultry Judge traveling to State and County Fairs. Surviving are his mother Betty Jones and aunt Dorothy Smith. Butch was preceded in death by his father Earl, March 20, 1989. Friends may visit the family from 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Reigle Funeral Home. The funeral service will be 1 p.m. Friday, March 19, 2010 at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Sunset Hills Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to McLaren Cancer Institute or the American Diabetes Foundation.