Author Topic: New Postal Regulation?  (Read 2779 times)

New Postal Regulation?
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »
I just dropped off a day-old chick order at the airport post office yesterday evening and the clerk just almost wouldn\'t let me ship them.  They had just gotten in a new mandated regulation on 5/14 covering Adult Fowl stating they all had to be shipped in the bio-shipping boxes.

After much explaining and waiting while he disappeared into the back office to look up the reg in the book, I finally convinced him that chicks had a different section in the regulations than adults.

Still, the new regulation mandate now applies to shipping adult large fowl.  Anybody heard of this?

New Postal Regulation?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »
I just checked BirdShippers.org and they have the posting about the new requirements.  It only states \"approved containers\".  So, their approved containers mean the bio-shippers.

Also forgot, the rate increase went into effect too.  A box of chicks went up $2.10 from what I have normally been charged.

Blue Egg Acres

New Postal Regulation?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »
Wes, I had seen the info on  the Birdshippers site and wondered if that\'s what it referred to. Thanks for clearing that up.

John

New Postal Regulation?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
I called PetPorts to get some of their micro-barrier filters to install in the boxes (single stall shippers) that I have from them (I buy in bulk and have a couple dozen out in the shed).  Anyway they will send the filters FREE, if you bought from them so you can make your boxes legal.