Author Topic: Automatic Water system  (Read 2224 times)

Automatic Water system
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »
I recently upgraded my 70 year old chicken coop. I don\'t know the exact year here but my house is over 100 years and the coop isn\'t too far behind. One of the things that I did was install an underground PVC water system to three separate outside pens.  Each run is attatched to the bird house.  Fortunately all three water dishes  have a turn-off valve above the bowl.  My problem is that sometimes the red water dish fills up and the water stops (like it is supposed to)but other times the water continues to flow thus creating a liquid mess below.  I was hoping to be able to leave my house for a few days with the food and water automatic systems soundly in place but now I\'m afraid to go until this is cleared up.  I am 100 miles away from where I bought the system so asking the Feed store about this is not something I\'ll do yet.  I\'m trying the easier way and SMARTER way.....asking the ABC forum.  I have taken the water device apart several times but it is kind of tricky. Another problem might be the vertical looseness of the PVC pipe and the flexibility it has.  I have tried to secure wire to it and attatch it to the fence so there is little to no movement. Wire above the pipe has been keeping the birds from flying on top of it. Any suggestions?

Automatic Water system
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »
I have the Little Giant Automatic Gamebird and Poutry Fountain 2525 and it is fantastic. I\'m just having a little trouble with the adjustment on the release of water to the bowl. It seems to keep changing on me every few days.

Chicken Will

Automatic Water system
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:17:26 AM »
I\'m clueless on that. However, if no one else here is able to help, you might want to try posting your question on backyardchickens.com. A lot of people are able to answer questions there quickly--There is currently an average of 1 new post every ~12 seconds!