Author Topic: Ameraucanas Available  (Read 8370 times)

verycherry

Ameraucanas Available
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have LF Lavender pullets for sale?   (I won\'t be at the show)

I have 2 good looking Lavender boys from John, and 6 Black/Lavender split females, 3 of which are from John and 3 from Jean.  That\'s a good start, but I sure would love to have a few Lavender girls as well if I can find them.  Never hurts to ask!

I also wouldn\'t mind finding one or two good quality Wheaten females (not BW) within driving distance....or I\'d consider a quad.  I was offered one recently, but I don\'t think it was pure.

John

Ameraucanas Available
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
That\'s a good start

Sherry,
Personally I think you are better off with what you have.  Most LF lavenders are going to be on the small side.  By putting the lavender cockerels over the split pullets you will get many lavender chicks and if the splits are of more \"standard\" size the chicks should mature to be better birds than the sires.

verycherry

Ameraucanas Available
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »
Quote from: John
That\'s a good start

Sherry,
Personally I think you are better off with what you have.  Most LF lavenders are going to be on the small side.  By putting the lavender cockerels over the split pullets you will get many lavender chicks and if the splits are of more \"standard\" size the chicks should mature to be better birds than the sires.

You\'ve got a point.  I wasn\'t considering the size issue.  I\'m just a little over eager,  I just love the color!  

One of the two males has turned out beautifully, but is the smaller of the two.  Hopefully by crossing him with the larger of the split females, I\'ll have some really nice chicks.  

The other male has gotten large, and I\'m going to cross him with the 3 split girls I have from Jean since they turned out smaller than yours....really nice beards and muffs though.