Author Topic: Rita J of ABC Shareing Place (MUltiply)  (Read 3493 times)

Blue Egg Acres

Rita J of ABC Shareing Place (MUltiply)
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »
I receive email updates from the Myltiply site that Rita established when she moved the ABC Shareing Place over to them.  I received the following shocking news this morning.

\" My sister Rita passed away on Dec 10th from complications from H1N1. Sean is staying with me and the flock has been boarded out at verious places until sean can decide what to do with them all. we need homes for 5 whit china geese. i am not sure if Sean is ready to sell or just wants to board them ..but they gotta have someplace to go! if there is anone out there that knew Rita and Sean and is intrested in helping please contact me here

thanks

Julia\"

I wish to extend my sincerest sympathy to Rita\'s family.

Birch Run Farm

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:44:25 PM »
I don\'t know of her but that is very sad news.  

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
I am very sorry to hear this news.   My condolences to Sean and the rest of Rita\'s family.   I had not known the ABC Sharing Place was moved - I thought she had just let it drop when MSN became unavailable.    And I had understood they had let all their Ameraucanas go awhile back.   Something like this really helps put the hobby in perspective.  

Tailfeathers

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »
My sincerest condolences as well.  What a terrible time to lose a loved one.  I remember seeing something about the site being moved over to Multiply but after checking Multiply out, I never made the move over.  

I checked to see if the Group is still up and for anyone who might like to post a comment, you just have to do a search for \"ABC\" and it\'ll show up about 4-5 groups down on the search page.

God Bless,

John

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »
I wish to extend my sincerest sympathy to Rita\'s family.

Rita got the ABC Sharing Place up and running back before most of us knew what message boards or forums were.  With Vickie\'s help she promoted the club and the breed.
I don\'t know Sean\'s age, but would guess he is close to 18 by now?

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
I feel bad that I just now found out about this.
What a shock and so sad that Sean has lost his Mom
especially because I don\'t think his father has been involved in his life.  Please pray for Sean.

I will miss Rita. She was a fine Christian woman, down-to-earth county gal and just a really nice person.
As most of you know she started ABC Sharing Place and did a fine job of hosting the first Ameraucana forum with the purpose of educating the public on the breed.  
It was my pleasure to be able to help out there.
Rita moved ABC Sharing Place to Multiple when MSN stopped hosting free forums but it never took off since most people were coming here by then anyway.
I have dedicated my Ameraucana page on my website to Rita. She will be missed.

I no longer have any chickens but I left my Ameraucana page up on my website to promote the breed and provide a link to the ABC.
My focus is on Sebastopol geese.
I have expanded my flock to include colored Sebastopols as well so check them out on my website.
Hope to make the fall Frankfort, MI show to see some of you folks.
Miss my chickens and all of you!

http://www.freewebs.com/cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms/

Beth C

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »
I regret that I didn\'t know Rita - she sounds like a wonderful lady. My thoughts & prayers are with her family...

John

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
Frankfort, MI

Since there is a Frankfort here in Michigan I don\'t want anyone to get confused.  I\'m sure Vicky meant Frankenmuth, MI.  Our ABC national is in Frankfort, Kentucky.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
Opps...sorry, yes I meant Frankenmuth, Michigan.