Author Topic: BLUE SILVER  (Read 2899 times)

jerryse

BLUE SILVER
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Iam working on blue silver bantams and have attached a photo of my roo for this season.He has red shoulders but otherwise not too bad.Weighs in at 31 oz.I have a matching hen and 9 silver hens with him.Hoping for a splash roo to put over some hens for next year.My wife had to help with the pic.I took out my first hatch of the season today 36 chicks mostly blacks and about 12 silvers.The silvers are before I put the blue silver in charge of the hens.I hope to keep in touch better with the forum.I am slowy getting in on this computer stuff.

jerryse

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
I see that the odd egg photo comes up with the message.How is that done?I attached mine and see you have to download to view.Still learning.

verycherry

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »
I downloaded it but it\'s very small and hard to make out.  Please take a look at the Forum Guildlines and Information (very first thread) to find instructions for posting photos.

Mike Gilbert

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
Jerry, good luck with your project.   I had blue silvers in large fowl until this year.   Just a word of caution.   That autosomal red in your male could be a problem for many generations.   It seems to be carried and passed on to their male offspring by the females - who don\'t show it in their own feathering.   If your females are from a different line than the male you could get lucky though.   If that happens, my advice would be to  save a splash silver or blue silver to mate back with the old females.   I would not even try using this male\'s pullet offspring as the odds are too great they will throw the red shoulders.  

John

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
If you have a photo (or any other \"attachment\"), that you want to add to your post, saved somewhere on your computer it is easy to do.  When you \"reply\" to a post a reply window (screen or box) comes up.  You type your reply in the \"Message\" area as usual, but then click on \"Browse\" down below in the \"Attachments\" area.  From there you choose the file (such as a photo) that you want to attach.  Maybe it is under \"my pictures\" or somewhere else, but once you find it click on it and then click \"open\".  The file location should then be in the box to the left of the \"Browse\" button.  Then click on the \"Add Attachment\" button.  It may take a minute.  You\'ll be able to preview your post with the attachment, before clicking \"Reply\" to complete your reply.  The one thing that may cause a problem is if your file (photo or whatever) is too large.  We have a 35KB max. file size so that folks with a dial up phone hook up don\'t have to wait forever for things to download.  If the photo is too big, it will tell you so and you will have to edit it down to size and try again.

John

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »
FYI Jerry is new to the ABC Forum, but not Ameraucanas.  He is one of the charter members of the ABC!
Jerry Segler, Marylou Phelps and Mike Gilbert...from a few years ago.

jerryse

BLUE SILVER
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 02:30:06 PM »
I am attaching a photo that is labled blue golden.It is out of the same roo as the blue silver.I plan to use him on the silver hens next.He does not have the autosomal red.His sire was the same color.I toe punch chicks so I know who produced what.In theory he should produce 50%silver & 50% red or gold in the hens & 50% silver & 50% red/silver split in the roo.I tried to open the photo but after 1 hour I gave up. You will have to download to see it.