Author Topic: Lebanon or Eastern Iowa  (Read 3954 times)

QUADCH

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
Will anybody be showing Ameraucana @ Lebanon Ind in Oct, or Eastern Iowa in November ??

Anne Foley

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »
John and Anne Foley will be at the Lebanon, Indiana show in October.  It\'s a week before the Ameraucana Nationals so we are looking forward to it.  Unfortunately, our older stock still need a few weeks to grow out new feathers and probably won\'t be ready to show until November this year.

Coyote

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
definately planning on Eastern Iowa-would love some competition!

QUADCH

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
Quote from: Anne Foley
John and Anne Foley will be at the Lebanon, Indiana show in October.  It\'s a week before the Ameraucana Nationals so we are looking forward to it.  Unfortunately, our older stock still need a few weeks to grow out new feathers and probably won\'t be ready to show until November this year.

Same here, I do hope to show some of the young birds there.

QUADCH

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
Quote from: Coyote
definately planning on Eastern Iowa-would love some competition!

Great! I hope to bring you some.  ;) What varieties do you plan on bringing? I\'m bringing blue & black LF and Wheaten, Blue wheaten & Lavender bantams.

QUADCH

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »
I\'m recovering from a very long day yesterday in Lebanon Indiana at the Central Indiana Poultry Show. 1656 birds entered.  I was happy to see Ameraucanas make a respectable presence there. I believe there were 3 or 4 exhibitors. I was very happy to met Anne and John Foley and see their beautiful birds. The Foley\'s had CH & Res AOCCL with their awesome blacks. So not just one, but TWO Ameraucanas on Champion row yesterday! BB was a very impressive cockerel and res was a gorgeous pullet. They showed several black pullets, and anyone of them would have been worthy of a BB at most any show. What really excited me was their whites! LARGE, excellent type, FULL beard & muffs, outstanding combs, and good clean white color (not brassy) It was a pleasure to see them. I had BV on a blue pullet from Paul Smith. In bantams, I had no competition. I showed 4 blue wheatens and 4 Lavenders. I had lots of good conversations with folks about the Lavenders. I heard \"I didn\'t know they had Lavender Ameraucanas.\" a few times yesterday.

John

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
Foley\'s had CH & Res AOCCL with their awesome blacks

Congratulations to all the winners!

Anne Foley

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
We raise large fowl so AOSB it is!  Thanks QUADCH for the very nice comments.  It was great meeting you and seeing your birds!

QUADCH

Lebanon or Eastern Iowa
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »
Oops! LOL! That\'s what I meant. I am spending too much time in the bantam isle!